1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What is a Razor's Edge dog to do?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Catch Dogs Inc, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I went to Buffalo, Missouri to an ADBA show this weekend. Wow, I guess I was way out of the type standard. I took three dogs and showed them all. All where 50 to 80% Razor's Edge with a little splash of York. I had the biggest dogs there. Where do we outcasts show our dogs? The ADBA has no problem registering my dogs. If there are not going to recognize them at a show maybe they should say "sorry we can't take your thousands maybe hundred of thousands of dollars to register your larger, out of type standard Dogs" but thank you very kindly. I was just very upset. When the Judge take 10 seconds to look at your dog and never looks again, it's a tad disharding....may be I should have guessed that this was going to happen. I had , God rest her, a Jimmy Boots bred female about 9 years ago that did awesome....key wood was Greenwood's Jimmy Boot's. Anyway, thats my rant.

Jake
    www.catchdogsinc.com

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Well you've got to expect things like that to happen when the dogs you bring are not to standard.

3. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

u should get some real apbts that meet the standard and go back to ashow and the judges will be impressed that time

4. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Are you serious? You took an oversize reproduction of an APBT to a ADBA show and didn't come home satisfied.

You already know why, you said your Jimmy Boots dog did well. It was most likely not because of Greenwood being the breeder, it was because the dog was a true representative of the gamedog as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  5. I guess you all are just trying to be funny by skirting the question. That's fine. I understand. Never mind! I guess I will have to weight pull them, most of those dogs were way out of type standard. I guess I will hang my head and try that with my, what was that, "oversized reproduction" of the APBT, that are registered with the same paper as your toy cup pits are...right back at cha. I have seen CH Razor's Edge dogs, where are they showing? Do they have a little different views farther north?

6. It was common knowledge that Jimmy didn't or couldn't reproduce himself or better.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Maybe not and not trying to be rude but Jimmy could do more than stand in a ring and look tough all day, he stood in a ring and PROVED it!

8. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

It won't matter where you go to show the dog. The judges are ADBA judges and have to adhere to the ADBA standard.
    I hate to tell you, but Razors Edge dogs are generally out of standard for all registries. Even the UKC. They aren't conformation dogs. You should just stick to weight pull.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Yes, which is why his blood seemed to just fade out, but for what you are doing ones dog doesn't need to have skills just a proper conformation.

10. I'm not saying Jimmy wasn't what everyone wishes there dog could be, I'm just saying that everyone would like to think they are adding to the greatness so, maybe someone had the forsight to see that he couldn't produce himself. Very few dogs can. May be it's the breeders fault, who knows. Jimmy Boots was one of the best, bar none. Now, all I was trying to do was get some kind of answer about my Razor's Edge dogs, that I love just as much as you love you dogs. I guess I got it in the my bloodline is better then your bloodline way. Thanks

11. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

What answer were ya seeking? Sounded like you were surprised that your dog wasn't considered for placement, and wondered why. Hence the answers.

12. thiers a site for your blood i read something about them showing them too i think in cali not sure heres the site pitbreeders.com

13. Not that you like out of standard dogs but here Bo and my daughter Dallas at the show.

Plus my old Jimmy Boots female Stacia (RIP)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  14. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

http://www.adba.cc/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=32

Sorry to say this but JUDGES DONT KNOW THE BREEDIN OF UR DOG!!!!!!!

When you go to a show you are paying for someone;s opinion on your dog!! IF there are more dogs that come closer to the standard that the ADBA sets forth, then NO your larger dog WILL NOT PLACE!! I dont know how many dogs were in your class, but a good judge will weed out the dogs that are NOT among the top from the moment they walk into the ring..

My dogs fit the standard.. I have an awesome looking male pup who has been placed first , third, taken jr handler classes..but theres been times he's not placed at all.. so dont get your panties in a bunch. Hopefully YOU were man /women enough to ask the JUDGE why he/she didnt like your dog, the good points of your dog and what you needed to improve on, etc and not just bitch on a public forum about it.

Because quite frankly, you are being a cry baby about it. So someone thought your dog didnt warrent more than a 10 sec look. BIG DEAL GET OVER IT You love your dog, thats all that matters. BESIDES it SHOUDLNT BE ABOUT HOW PRETTY YOUR DOG IS

these are WORKING DOGS... thats what should matter the most

15. Well, hell that is all I was looking for was swift kick in the shorts.....lol. Did it really seem like I was crying? I consulted my wife and she said you have no idea how much i can kick and scream when I get my feelings hurt...just joking. Thanks a ton rocksteady for your advise. I will just buy a harness. Furthermore, don't think that I'm running the true American Pitbulls down I'm not. I love them. I just when a little different way with the new dogs. I have been trying to attach a pic can anyone see them?

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I can see two pictures in your previous post if thats what you mean?

17. I was trying to attach a file that was to large before and they were not attaching, thanks

18. KnottyBoyNC

KnottyBoyNC Big Dog

This is simple, the judge didnt take the time to think about your dogs cause he know the adba prolly just registered them for more cash. Thats like michael jackson trying to join the KKK....he may look white but everyone knows he's black. The judge knew your dog wasnt standarized

19. MPD

MPD Big Dog

In these days, paper is useless, I keep my own records on my dogs. Because it says your dogs are apbts on paper means nothing. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE WALKING AROUND IN YOUR YARD.

so "right back at cha"

20. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.