1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is a better dog food

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by middleweightch, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Evo is a great food. I've fed it but found Timberwolf Organics Wild and Natural better for my dogs. Thats just mine though They are both top top shelf foods. Very pricey but I get 30% off cause my friend works at a feed store and I buy a pallette at a time. I fed alot of the other stuff back in the day but nutrition is constantly changing so I try to keep up with whats goin on. We're pretty lucky to have some of these great feeds in a bag now compared to my grandfathers era were they would have to cook and make thier dogs feed for keep.

2. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I feed Innova Evo half the time, the other half of the time I feed raw.Sor far, Evo has been the best I have tried. I would like to try Timberwolf, but would have to order it in and considering I have only one dog right now, I don't see the point in ordering one bag at a time.
    Go with what the dog does best on, I've seen dogs do really well on Pedigree (NOT saying to go and feed your dogs Pedigree), it's all in the dog. Get the best you can afford and your dogs do well on.

3. SJBPolo28

SJBPolo28 Banned

I feed Science Diet Chicken and Rice Puppy to all my pups and dogs up until 7 years old. At that age I switch them to Science diet Senior. Just me, been using it for 30 years.

4. Marty

Marty Guest

LOL................ :D

Nothing but Timber wolf here ;)

5. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I use Black Gold sometimes! Right now I use Exceed Lamb and rice and Exceed Chicken and rice from Sams club because Purina pro makes it which is 30% pro and 20% fat along with some eggs and rice, wheat bread, canola oil and vitamins! Today me and the wife fixed some porkchops and cooked about 4 pounds of rice and mixed with the exceed and they love the hell out of it! I wanted to eat it myself but the wife would not let me! Lol

6. NC

NC CH Dog

The price for Diamond naturals lamb and rice at my local feed store is $22 for 40lbs last time I went up there.

edit : I also throw in a raw egg here and there for coat and what not.. and raw beef ribs as a treat, sometimes some raw chicken.. but I don't mix the raw with the kibble.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  7. zacdaddy77

zacdaddy77 Big Dog

Yea it might be more here.Like I said i buy a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff when i get it.

,Zac

8. And thanks to you Marty...we feed the same! GREAT FEED! Have never seen results with anything like this, and doubt we will! Thanks again!

9. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

well out here in brazil i feed royal canin pitbull formula..purina out here is a bunch of corn...and they eat doves in the yard feathers and all..i wish we had timber wolf out here..

10. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I've been feeding Exceed 30/20 Performance Chicken and Rice for years, and I find it to be a good all around dog food that won't break the bank. I've never had a dog that didn't do well on it. I start feeding it to pups as soon as they're able to eat, and I feed it when they're old. I can't stand Canidae, and I've never tried Timberwolf because I've never found a good enough reason to. Sure, Shon and Marty's dogs look great, but they look great on just about anything;)

11. smokey024

smokey024 Big Dog

I feed timberwolf and my dogs are doing great on it. I even got my mom to switch her westhighland over. Before her dog used to break out in a rash all the time but since the switch she has been good. Its a little expensive but well worth it.

12. Authority is usually accessible, affordable, and a good feed. They have several recipes, and the main ingrediants are either real chicken or real lamb. I've seen several breeds do well on it, and as long as you've got a petsmart (or petsmart.com) in your area...you've got Authority. I got a 40 lb bag for 19.99 (large breed puppy formula) the other day, and I see it advertised for $22.99 online for the same recipe.

I have seen some recipes of diamond, etc. at "Rural King" and "Tractor Supply" for 14.99 for a 40 lb bag, but I've heard alot of bad about that feed, and I know some recipes were recalled.

13. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

never have seen a royal canin pitbull formula.seen it for all sorts of dogs but never the bulldogs.what do they do to formulate it for the APBT?

14. aotea

aotea Pup

wow the storys get bigger by the day 30years im sure you told me you only been in the dogs for 15 years

15. SJBPolo28

SJBPolo28 Banned

Man I tell you what I will send you pm's to tell you when and where I post since you love mine so much. But to answer your ? I have had dogs all my 30 years on this earth, puto.

16. well with that said science diet is about the shittiest food that can be bought. i'd feed purina dog chow first.

here's a wall street journal article about your beloved science diet. clearly spells out their mission statement for anybody who cares to read it. read it all too please.

http://www.simplyschnauzer.net/hills.html

being as the company was virtually unknown till 1976 when colegate-palmolive (yeah colgate the toothpaste and palmolive the dish soap) bought the almost out of business hills company, it's hard to believe you've been feeding it for 30 years.

they plain and simple market the crap with hundreds of thousands of dollars and kickback to vets for pushing the shit. 40% per bag goes to the vets office for each bag sold. huh..........does that make ya wonder?

oh and by the way.....i feed natures variety. can't get timberwolf here unless i have it shipped. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2007
  17. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

LOL,my dogs refuse to touch it.They will starve before they eat it,and theywill eat trash and poop!I never realized it wasnt any good but I trierd it for my dogs about a year back and they really wouldnt eat it,they didnt eat for three days,I finaly decided they werent just being stuborn and gave the rest to the Humane society.

18. that's one super looking dog zac. good job.

19. Good post BB, thanks for turning me on to that article.

20. zacdaddy77

zacdaddy77 Big Dog

Thanks.

,Zac