1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What does the Fourth of July mean to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frenchie1936, Jun 30, 2009.

1. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

I'll start this one off. first and foremost, it is an opportunity to thank our founding fathers for all of the hard work they put in so we could be here today, as some paid the ultimate price. we have a moral obligation to make sure this country is run according to the Constitution, and not the whims and wants of the elitist, otherwise we are taking away from those who gave their lives for that cause. our founding fathers would sh*t themselves and roll over in their graves if they saw what America has become today.

the current state of affairs is amazingly sad and avoidable. anyone who didn't see it coming is blind and deaf. anyone who didn't try to stop it is guilty of treason in my opinion. we live in a world where people think that animals have souls, deserve the same rights as humans, and so forth. WTF? there are several AR nuts on this site!!! i could go on all day, but i want to hear some educated responses from people who actually care about the moral fiber of this country.

Regards,
    Luke @ CRK

2. Turner

Turner Big Dog

I agree 100% with your post.

To me, it is an opportunity to simply be an American. To take time out of the day to thank our founding fathers and the men and women who risk their life for our country. Also to pray for the fallen and those in service and over seas even on this holiday fighting for our right to even celebrate our freedom. It is a time to not worry about how much money or whatever you have. Your not poor, rich, black, or white. You are an American.

I personally feel this way everyday, not just July 4th. But my pride really comes out around this time. lol

3. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

And it also means everyone should take a little bit out of your fun time and check on the dogs. They can get spooked sometimes when the firework show is near the yard or home. Keep a hose nearby and fire extinguisher if possible. Be safe.

Its a day that im extra greatful for bieng a free American.

4. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

My son (23 y/o) is currently on his 6th deployment (2 in Afg and 4 in Iraq).

The 4th is a reminder to honor those who keep the war off our soil. People should be fighting HERE to keep the freedoms they died for and NOT letting others take them away.

I find it crazy that our guys serve and then come home and can't get a job because employers worry about them being called up out of reserve or because they are suffering from stress etc. They wouldn't even be in business if it weren't for our men and women keeping the war off our soil.

If their kids want to enlist, some parents act as if it is a job unworthy of their kids but they will support their kids while they party away on drugs while failing their college courses. It should be an honor to serve and there is something wrong if people look down on the choice. I have family members who constantly criticize us about his choice. WTF has happened to this country?

Other people are constantly saying 'thank your son for his service'. I hope these same people will be there when he needs a job.

A guy totally p****ed me off when I was lamenting the hardships my son was enduring. He was like 'he volunteered so what is the big deal'? I guess HIS child wasn't one to volunteer.

5. kdue

kdue Big Dog

to me it means the right to do whatever I want to as long as it don't hurt anyone else!!

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ok, i love this shit.....to me, being an American means contributing to a society that is the best in the world. we as Americans are the leaders of the free world. i am a proud American as we all should be. so the 4th of july is spent enjoying a day off, and thanking our vetrans for the freedom we take for granted. so much of the world doesnt even know how good we have it, and the ones who do know hate us for it:D. HAPPY 4th FOLKS!

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

It means that for the whole day of the 4th I can say thank you too this country for all of the sacrifies that have been made in my behalf for me to be free. What a great country we live in. God Bless America...:)

8. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Our struggling forefathers wanted something better than to be controlled and dictated to, so to this land of the free they came, and not without sacrifice and hardship. They decided on a document of rules that were to be governed and lived by. A document that has since been pulled apart and added to so many, many times that it doesn't even look the same. Let's remember why they came. Let's remember what they suffered to be in this land we call America. Let's not let what we have left of that original document be taken from anymore. It was written for us, WE THE PEOPLE, not the government....

9. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Great thread!!! This thread should have 33k hits like pixs of you thread does. Lets just see how long it last???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Looks like it is already loosing steam...:(

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

come on folks...we are Americans for the most part, right?

12. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

we got till saturday to bump it. it's under off topic threads. :)

13. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Bump

Great responses so far. Should get more. Everybody should be damn proud to be an American!! The members that are from The US, that is :)

14. it's a shame how the minority groups have shaped this country into what it has become today. a man can fight and die for his country but have it all stripped from him just because of his personal preferances even if it doesn't affect anybody but himself. it's a shitty place at times but it is our shitty place and worth fighting for. at the end of the day, i live in my world....not theirs. it's all what you make it.

be safe this holiday guys/gals.

15. cutt

cutt CH Dog

plain and simple , im proud to be an Mexican American.

16. Marty

Marty Guest

WTF is this dude doing ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  17. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i am really lost on this one Marty. what do you mean? :confused::confused::confused:

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

and i got called a bigot?

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

id take this shitty place considering the SHITTY place our overseas troops are gonna be celebrating the 4th this year

20. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

this isn't what the thread is about woody.