1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What does ADBA really think of UKC dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TRUEPITS, Nov 16, 2009.

1. +1

Knightmare, no need to lose your cool with folks over the internet. We all have done it at one time or another, Lord knows I have been an asshole, but it's really kind of silly when you think about it.

2. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Lose my cool?
    If I lose my cool I usually get banned.
    There was nothing in this thread worth losing my cool about.

The way I read it was,
    a loud mouth was trying to tell others what their dogs are about by their use of registration.
    My whole point was about this thread being silly.

Any serious dogman of any worth knows
    "The Proof is in the Performance.":cool:

As Joe Corvino said: "Good dogs are where you find them."
    What he also said made more sence then anything else.
    "Dog makes the papers. Papers don't make the dog.";)

3. I hear you, Knightmare. Those are some quotes that have real meaning too. I've grown tired of people on the internet talking all that BS and telling all their business and posting up all thier peds. Makes me wonder if they even know what the f**k they are talking about or if they are just trying to entrap folks. Next thing you know there is another big raid and everyone acts all suprised. :rolleyes: Then you have these liberals prancing around with their showdogs calling them APBTs because a piece of paper says so. Then you have the know-it-alls that jumps box when someone that actually knows what the hell they're talking about calls them out. It is a silly thread but these are silly times, I suppose.

I feel sorry for the future of the breed. I would like to think they will be around when I grow to be an old timer but I don't see that happening. All we can to do is be honest with our own and pray for those that know not any better.

4. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Awesome fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!

5. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

All I know is a true dogman will try to keep his beloved breed to the closest as to perfection as it can to what the breed was bred for the reason why they love the breed. My UKC Grands and Champs are performers yes but they are not game and although bred for performance you can clearly see from inside out that they are an amstaff with drive.
    The way UKC the general UKC people who breed do not breed for performance there are few and you see how in conformation and in virtue the dogs lack from all sides. You step in an UKC ring you see amstaff's You step in ADBA ring you see bulldogs. That is the point I am trying to get across. And even in ADBA you are now starting to see the dogs in the ring that you know these dogs are being bred for beauty...They appearance and attitude is different.
    WHY YOU GOT ALL Offended and took it as towards you that's you gotta get some thicker skin.

To better our breed we need to first recognize the true breed and stop sugar code it. The dogs out there biting people ain't no game bred dog. People need to understand you changing ONE reason into your breeding method when you go to breed a type breed makes a huge difference. You breed for color you will start getting a different result not only physically but health wise, and so much more. I am glad you take it a step further and actually include your dogs in sports events that is what I strive for all my friends that i know in UKC even those that have been breeding longer then I have been born. But facts are facts breed a dog for what it was bred for...you breeding for another reason you are now starting to breed another breed. That is how we got american bullies they weren't made up of mixed breeds a lot of them came from UKC registered apbts like the one dog i posted but the fact that breeders bred them for color, beauty, show, just conformation it has gradually created a seperate breed.

So i mean you can say whatever you wanna say but the reality is UKC people do not breed APBT they breed a pretty dog which is amstaff's.

And I LOVE my amstaff's and recognize my true american pit bull terriers.

I don't think that we should say oh UKC dogs are shit dogs they are not I OWN them and show them and my dogs perform. But the majority of these dogs are not the image and are not the beloved dog created and bred by great dogmen.

6. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

oh and would like to add dillybar has the best american pit bull terriers....thanks for preserving the breed to as close to perfection...

7. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

This is the point I was trying to get across there is a huge difference inthe conformation dogs from ADBA to UKC the dogs that are promoted as the APBT image the UKC does not hold or carry the true apbt image or the true APBT core. And that is because of how the dogs are bred and what they are bred for. And for that I see UKC conformation dogs as AMSTAFF's and not the true APBT. Most UKC folks even the ones that have been breeding for so long dont' even know how to explain the functions for the conformation of the dog. They might know oh dog needs to have good angulation, tight feet but ask them why they wont know oh cause that's the way its suppose to be...If you dont' know whats behind it you dont' fully understand why the breed was created you are breeding a shell, an amstaff

dillybar you always speak well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
  8. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

Oh and MIKE werne't you that guy that posted that post WHY DOES UKC PIN RIBBONGS ON 100+ dogs??? BECAUSE UKC DOESN"T RECOGNIZE THE TRUE APBT and does not judge according to what the breed was bred for...Hey you Granded and CHAMPED you got a pretty good looking amstaff....
    OH and in that poste you mentioned about RAZOR's edge dogs let me teach you a little I"m surprise you don't know if you are active with UKC...there are many RE dogs right now that are great performers...Anyways its funny that the 100 pounds RAZORS EDGE ones can't be or called APBT for ya but now we talkign about all this you agreeing on if the dog is bred for performance still a "working apbt" doesn't hold true then to your view in RE dogs over100 not being APBT...because the truth is there ARE MANY UKC RE dogs who are performers and hold many sports event titles...

well just wanted to remind you about that post...cause find it kinda odd what you just posted and agreed on...

9. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

There is no point.
    What was that crash sound?
    Oh some one just hit bottom.:eek:

Gamedogs don't how to read to know where they came from and they sure to hell don't know if their a cur or not until it is proven.

ADBA and UKC are the same whore with a didn't dress.
    BTW since you stay up on UKC policy like conformation & standards then why did the owner state in the judge's seminar he wanted the standard of size to be the size of old where you could pick the dog and run with it if need be?:cool:

10. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

ahh that's good, glad you cleared that up.
    For a mintue with all these posts from certain people,
    I thought I was standing in the wrong dogmans corner.........:cool:

11. maddoggsdc

maddoggsdc Banned

I see alot of one mans opinion, while attempting to start a movement within a thread on a message board (why or how this is important or effective is beyond me) to have all dogs registered as pitbulls who aren't tested and tried registered as Amstaff. To me its almost funny, the way Truepits lays blanket statements that are nothing more than personal opinion as if these statements are proven fact. I believe a game dog is just that, A GAME DOG. All APBT aren't game dogs and all game dogs aren't APBT. This being said a registry isn't going to be the deciding factor in the creation of such dogs. The ADBA has big blue mutts same as the UKC. The ADBA itself is in no way the keeper of the tried and true american [] dog. This is the point that I believe is the real issue at hand. Being stubborn about trying to beat your beliefs into someones mind is futile, especially on a message board. If you believe that the only dogs that should be called "pitbull" are dogs bred specifically for [] work, you are talking about 1-2% of the entire population refered to as "pitbull" as far as a pure breed is concerned. Who cares what a game dog is called? Not me. Call em paperclips or ping-pong balls if you ask me.. as long as a "game dog" is game, it has served it's purpose if that's what you're basing your opinions off of. Bashing another more experienced gentlemans animals because he used the first pitbull registry on the planet to document the lineage of his stock is just dumb. Assuming that a dog registry produces better [] dogs than another is insane. It is the breeder who makes the registry what it is. I am not trying to be rude or confrontational, I just think the TRUEPITS character is too much of a horn blower to see what is being said in this thread. He has an agenda. It's a dumb one because he's not going to change any real dog mans mind about what is or is not APBT or AST. There are AST's who will go.. There are presas that will go.. There are rottweilers and wolves that will go.. There are APBTs that won't.. so who cares about a registry? JMO :-) PS it's also funny that TRUEPITS decided that dillybar has "the best APBTs".. then he thanks the man for preserving the breed close to perfection, as if he is able to look a a mans dogs and know his are the BEST. smh. wow.

12. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Thing is UKC dogs / ADBA dogs / AKC dogs they do all have the same origin.
    AKC started out in banning members and breeders that did roll / fight their dogs, also they put a different name on the breed American Staffordshire Terrier to make a statement........
    The UKC followed...........
    The ADBA benefitted from that matter but due to the public pressure following the ways of AKC and UKC today.
    There are written down standards that diverge but these standards don´t affect the gamedogs as a game dog could come form 1 lbs. to a 1000 lbs and in any colour or conformation if bred for the box!

BUT thing is you don´t need a standard for a gamedog the only factor that decides if he´s worth to be fed and bred is if he could perform and if he´s game (simply spoken) all others selected by conformation standards are victims of different fashion and likes or dislikes of judges, breeders and buyers.

The breed has been splitted in decent gamedogs, working dogs, showdogs and cripples (Am Bullies).

They all share the same ancestry but it is each mans own decision on what to select for and what to breed for!

Breeding is following your ethics, creating what you believe is your ideal of the breed and therefore taking responsibility of what you are producing.

If one is satisfied with a cripple, he shall breed Am Bullies, if one is satisfied with a dog that could work on lifestock or Schutzhund and Weightpulling he shall breed working dogs, if one is satisfied by a dog that looks like the perfect match of a written down standard and whose only achievements are being walked arround in a showring, he should breed show dogs......

These are the varieties of our breed today and all called American Pit Bullterriers....... except the AKC dogs!

It´s your choice and your believe what fits best but don´t go and claim onto others right and wrong......

Registries are there for putting out papers nothing more nothing less, competitors are there to compete, show people are there to show, working people are there to work!

I don´t care about registries because I do breed the dogs, I stand in with my name for what I put out!
    No one else!