1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What does ADBA really think of UKC dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TRUEPITS, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

This is the issue with alot of working breeds, not just the apbt. When people start breeding for show and not for performance then this is what happens. We know that staffs and apbts came from the same place so if we use this logic then they are all the same pretty much. The point is that if you take the dog bred for show and compare it to the ones bred for gameness you have to completely different dogs. Same with german shepards, rotts and whatever the next fad of a breed that show breeders get their hands on. Im not saying there is anything wrong with breeding show dogs, im just sayin that its not the same dog. A house dog thats job is to lay around and be pretty is not the same as the dog out in the field that is loosing teeth and getting scared up out there working and loving every minute of it. Thats all i really have to say.

2. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Hey kid, you're talking to the wrong person about what a real gamedog is!:mad:
    I was bulldogging when you were still sucking teat.

You are the last person I would turn to for advise,
    when you think registration makes or breaks what a gamedog is.

Never be sorry for me, I gained my fair share of recognition over the years.
    When I was referring to titles,
    I hope you didn't think I was referring to posing.:rolleyes:

"the difference between a breed of a dog to another is the what they were bred for period..."

How many times have you been there?
    I've known just about every top sporting dogman in those years and rub elbows with the best.
    I've been to the core of the game.
    Only way to know what kind of yardshitters you're pitching feed to, is to dogman up!

Now if want to talk smack what you have or haven't done on an open public billboard is up to you.

Play "Big Time Dogman" and we will be watching you post from the butt f@_k hotel!:p

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Completely agree. Hell, this has been the most pressing question since the formation of "breed clubs" and registries. How do you define a breed? By what a dog does? By what a dog was bred to do? What its ancestors were? It isn't as simple as saying "what it does" , because by that narrow definition most of the folks with medium, short coated, wedged-headed, dogs registerd with ADBA, SDR, BFKC, UKC do not own Pit Bull terriers. Let's be real, that's all I'm saying. Breed and feed what you need, and don't worry too much about anybody else's speed,...unless you're racing him.

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah, as a registry you pretty much have to go by how they are bred(papers). But if you breed your "apbt" for show and not performance im callin it an amstaff, i dont care what anybody else says! And im not sayign there is anythign wrong with staffies, i like them. They are different dogs tho. But the person i know who breeds staffs lets them all loose in the house at once. They eat together and everything! If you could do that with game bred apbt u are a master, doubt the dog whisperer could even do that lol

5. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Hell, I knew an AmStaff lady who used to have 30 plus dogs playing together on a 1/4 acre lot, and the only tool she ever needed was comfortable shoe to keep her foot dry when she occasionally put in a "rowdy" dog's ass. It's like that sometime. But even her dogs put a throwback with potential on the ground occasionally. It's that way sometimes too. Bottom line, I'm not going to disparage anybody's dog just because it can't hunt like someone else's. I just know who I'm going to go to when I breed my dog, and keep it at that. Call them what you like, just write the peds right, as far as I'm concerned.

6. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Ahem, Button.

7. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Lets get right down to it.
    Everyone wants to throw their BS in on what is what, then lets find out:cool:.

Now we talking about the difference between APBT and AST.
    The difference between show and go!

Okay, post then who has been there??????
    Go ahead, hold up your hands.
    And all those sporting recognized champions and grand champions!
    I'm not talking about working performance protection dogs,
    I'm talking the real deal old time box dogs!

If you haven't showed at least 20 n da [],
    you arestill as green as grass and shouldn't be telling anyone else what you should call what!
    Bring it, don't sing it.
    Be a real dogman and find out what you have..........;)

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Knightmare realy blew a gasket after you hit that button

Is that a hemi yall running

look at em go!

LOL!

9. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Oh come on man, why you gotta go and do something like this.
    I can't sing, much less bring, according to the criteria. Damn.

10. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

LOL. Don't know 'bout you, I'm on lawnmower power over here. Mean grass-cutter though.

11. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Nightmare dont take offence to this because there i no harm intended, at your age im not aware of how much time youve spent on the internet, but in this day and age there are more netdoggers out there than all the oldtimer dogmen, all the middle aged dogmen and all the fastlane dicks put together and multiplied by ten!
    dont let em rile you up ol'mate. save your breath and your knowledge for those of us that actually want to listen to your experience's and try to forget about the dumbfucks who are just in it to show us how much theyve learned in six months since they bought their first ambully!

12. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

I realize no BS is intended.
    But it gets old of posers telling people what they have because mire registration.
    I remember when the late Fred Miller bought UKC and when the late Ralph Greenwood bought ADBA.
    Now, they look the same, the way they do business,
    so commenting what is a sporting dog and what isn't, by registration is BS.

I have an ADBA and AADR kennel registration.
    I was also a sanctioned judge for both.
    Hell even AADR has went multiply breed.

As being the second longest advertiser in SDJ history and
    owned many champions and grand champions and R.O.M. dogs,
    bred to some of the best gamedogs in history,
    I've grown tried of all this Internet crap and smack talking which only
    hurting the breed.
    I know there are cyber dogmen playing big time dogmen.

Time is here now to clean the image of this breed up!
    Or it might be gone forever.
    People who are in the know,
    will know who has the quality of old time dogs.

I personally don't care what breed some one is saying mine are when they are paying me.
    They bought that right when they lost their money to me.... lmao.

As for long I've been on the Net, longer then most because all in the same week,
    three of us started the first Billboards for the APBT!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  13. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Some of us hunger for knowledge Mr.Knightmare.
    This goes for the rest of you Ol' Timers aswell.
    Our/my brain/s sponge up every bit of pertinent information you can supply for later reference.:cool:

14. Bigu1

Bigu1 Pup

Same here. I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading what you guys have to say. No e-dogger here just keep my mouth shut and learn as much as i can.

15. I own gamedogs and "house pits" and have for years. We are all in the same family, just be proud of the dog you have and not boastful whether you have a gamedog or a house pit (the term staffies or amstaffs or bullies don't exist to me because they are all APBT so I call them house pits if they're not gamebred, no APBT anywhere consist of only one breed of dog because the breed was created from several, even the legendary gamedogs we all know and love have terriers, and bulldogs in them whether you like it or not whether they are bred for size, color and conformation or gameness) <!-- / message -->

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

im just co-signing lol

17. dillybar

dillybar Pup

You can call them what you want, and register them as you will, and that will not change the outcome of the result. These dogs are a reflection of the family they come from and the people who breed them. A registries job is to keep the records for the breeder and provide the paperwork for each animal. There is no need to be hung up on what type of dogs certain registries register, just know the breeder and the family of dogs you like and stick with what works best for you. There is no registry capable of policing quality or certain attributes you may prefer in a dog that is the breeders job.

If you are talking conformation show dogs and their trends then yes there is a huge difference in the CONFORMATION standards that a registry may use as a standard for judging CONFORMATION SHOW DOGS. I have seen ADBA dogs that are bred strictly for the purpose of meeting the ADBA standard with no regard for bloodline or performance, however this is not as common as with the UKC or the AKC. It does however indicate that these dogs are bred for winning conformation shows and not much else. They may look the part but they are alas, a shell of the dogs that walk the walk.

I have also known many breeders over the years who used the UKC as a registry and there was no mistaking their dogs quality, or ability to walk the walk.

I feel the frustration Knightmare, but this is the current state of affairs. The internet and the lack of competition in today's world breeds this type of pseudo fantasy world that most folks that are new to these dogs can comfortably live in without going to jail. I also see there are so many people on these boards that are too quick to throw their two cents in without knowing who they are dealing with on subjects that they know very little about. This can be frustrating for an old timer who has put in the work and has forgot more than most will ever know. It can be taken as disrespect when respect is truly due. It's good to see your writings posses the fire that I enjoyed reading 20-30 years ago. It brings back fond memories of a day gone by, a day some of us can be thankful for having the special opportunity to have experienced in our lifetime. For most of the folks who are on these boards they have had their opportunity to experience "those times" robbed from them by raging, idiot, humanics who have screwed and rotted our social and legal system to the very core. Be easy on these newcomers as they now have a much rougher row to hoe than we did. Our dogs will greatly benefit from their honest interest and work, these young people are the future of our breed.

Keep bringing it Knightmare, it's all good in my book.

The "game dog" term that gets thrown around nowadays in my opinion is misleading and a poor description for a type of dog. The only game dogs I have ever known were the ones that proved themselves game. Those dogs were special and were looked upon as individuals who earned that moniker, most definitely not a description for a group of dogs who are bred or look a certain way.

18. short1

short1 Big Dog

"The "game dog" term that gets thrown around nowadays in my opinion is misleading and a poor description for a type of dog. The only game dogs I have ever known were the ones that proved themselves game. Those dogs were special and were looked upon as individuals who earned that moniker, most definitely not a description for a group of dogs who are bred or look a certain way."
    could not have said it better

19. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Dillybar,
    Maybe you are right.
    Maybe I just miss the old days when you could do with your property the way you wanted.

Nowadays, it is the day of big brother and humanizing animals.
    Image is everything.

Protect yourselves, your dogs and keep what you are doing to yourself.:cool:
    To me registration is no more then a company who does clerical work by keeping records of how your dogs are bred.

I know if the pettiness continues with the owners of these dogs, their days are numbered as it was for cigarette machines.

Your Bill of Rights are being attacked by foreign and domestic special interest groups daily, who want to eliminate all vices.
    Sit in judgement as the righteous, judgemental ass holes!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  20. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Thoughtful post, well put.