1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what do you use for supplement?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by prdogo, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Michele

Michele Guest

Missing Link is great stuff....

2. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Missink Link is OK. I really don't care for that Black strap molasses that is the 2nd ingredient which is better than most sugars out there but it is still a sugar which can't be good for a dog's teeth over long periods of time. There are mcuh better daily supplements that are out there that would benefit the dog better for long periods.

3. funny how you can make such statements yet provide no alternative other than "much better out there". as far as it having black strap molasses in it...lol @ u for comparing it to dog food vs. a supplement. they get 2 tsp once per day! lol don't you ever clean your dogs teeth? listen folks the proof is in the pudding. get some and try it. you won't be disappointed.

as far as commenting on a product you've judged by a label......hmmmmm sounds like what people do to our breed to me. :p

4. sapitbulls

sapitbulls Guest

I tought about using missing link before. But i compared the ingredidents too nupro gold. Nupro to me had little better ingredints and was more naturul then missing link and had more ingredidents if i remember. It cost about 30 dollars for a 5 pound container. That will last about 2 months with 2 50 pounds dogs. At one scoop a day. But after too months if you wanted it said you can cut it in half. So i went to a 20 pound tub for 100 dollars pluss shipping and that will last a year for 2 50 pounds dogs. Just saying it has worked really well for me and makes a nice gravy when added warm water dogs eat it right up. What has missing link done for your dogs. Just wondering because like i said i almost went with that until i found nupro and compared them.

5. Ummmmm, not really sure what you are talking about, or refering to I should say...
    We use 2 tblsp each day for 7-10 days, will strip weight pretty rapid, be careful! At least it did for us!

6. hey you may want to check and see if that stuff goes bad after time. if it truly is "all natural" there is no way it will keep for a year. the missing link has to be refigerated after opening and is good for 90 days after opening due to it's ingredients truely being all natural.

my dogs always had nice shiny coats, but i could see a clear difference with this. it has improved their digestion and i see even less poop. i use good kibble already and this just helps them process even more of it.

here is what they say:

In nature, dogs consume foods that are whole, raw and fresh, while domestic animals generally have a diet of processed foods only. The Missing Link was developed to target the nutritional gap between what nature provides and what is available in commercial foods. Formulated with all-natural, human-edible-quality whole foods and food concentrates, The Missing Link reintroduces unprocessed, nutrient-rich foods into your dog's diet.

The Missing Link is a dry granular powder, nitrogen flushed and vacuum-packed for freshness to protect its precious nutrients. It includes important nutrients like Omega-3 and Omega-6& essential fatty acids, enzymes and probiotics, fiber, phytonutrients, and vitamins and minerals. Missing Link Plus includes glucosamine for extra joint support for older dogs and those with arthritis or joint stiffness.

For years, veterinarians and pet owners have added The Missing Link Canine Formula to commercial foods to promote:

• [*]General Health & Well-Being
      [*]Better Digestion
      [*]Healthy Skin & Coat
      [*]Increased Energy
      [*]Quicker Recovery After Surgery or Injury
      [*]Less Shedding
      [*]Reduced Allergies
      [*]Less Scratching & Itching
      [*]Reduced Odor
      [*]Less Joint Stiffness and Pain
    and if i got my math correct, black strap molasses is the 4th ingredient listed. i can't say if the ingredients are listed by volume as in dog food.

ingredients list:

Canine Formula Ingredients:
    Flaxseed, rice bran, primary dried yeast, blackstrap molasses, sunflower seed, freeze dried beef liver, dehydrated alfalfa, dried carrot, shark cartilage powder, freeze dried fish protein powder, barley grass leaves powder, dried kelp, freeze dried oyster powder, zinc monomethionine, lecithin, chromium yeast, selenium yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, garlic powder, yucca schidigera extract, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid and cobalamin

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  7. sapitbulls

sapitbulls Guest

8. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

WWII: Do you just put the protein powder on the dogs food? How much would you say to use? What type of results would you see from the given amount of powder?

Andrew

9. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Along with there kibble I use RF-1, salmon oil, canned jack mackeral, raw green tripe and boneless chicken thighs.

RF-1 contains 4% Micronized Creatine Monohydrate, loads of scientifically profiled Amino Acids, abundant Omega 3 and MCT Fats, Growth and Immune Factors from Bovine Colostrum, generous amounts of Vitamins and Chelated Minerals (3x MDR rate per calorie!), and powerful Antioxidants that boost health, strength, endurance, and recovery in dogs 4 months and older! Vacuum packed and Nitrogen flushed for freshness!

INGREDIENTS

USDA Human grade cooked Chicken, USDA Human grade cooked Chicken Liver, low lactose, high whey, high casein Milk Protein Isolate, low ash blend of Glucose Polymers, and 10 DE Maltodextrin, USDA Human grade, spray-dried Chicken Fat, Organic, cold-pressed Flax seed oil, organic Flax Seed meal, Calcium Carbonate, Monosodium Phosphate, Micronized Creatine Monohydrate, Potassium Chloride, Bovine Colostrum, DL-Methionine, MCT’s, Zinc Proteinate, Ascorbic Acid, Cobalt Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Glucosamine, Copper Proteinate, DL Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Niacin, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-1, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione.

100 GRAMS OF
    RF-1 Contains:
    Calories:517
    Protein: 35%
    Fat: 32%
    Carbohydrate: 20%
    Fiber: 1.34%
    Lactose: 1.73%
    Moisture: 4%
    Ash: 4%

RF-1 meets all of your dogs nutritional requirements (except calories) in 1/3 the calories! In other words, if you have a dog that requires 1500 calories a day, you can feed 500 calories a day of RF-1 and 1000 calories of any other food (bread, etc) and your dog will have a balanced diet!

YIS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  10. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

A good food is essential and is plenty for a dog under normal working stress. If you are conditioning an animal there are many supplements you can use and you will get a wide variety of opinions when asking such a question. When I am conditioning, I use a high quality food, about a 1/4 pnd of not so lean meat(for a 35-40lb dog), norwegian kelp powder, metabolol 2, and flaxseed. This is all I use and it is not as complicated as some feeding regimes, but works great nontheless. All this stuff can be used all the way up till the day of the event. When using creatine and many other supplements you will need to stop using and clear system 1wk-2wks out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Has anyone here ever stopped to think that they could cut out the middle man and instead of buying some fancy gallon jug of crap they could pay their local GNC and go get 100% more raw ingredients and vitamins and supplements, I got a basket full of them for making my homemade keep feed, all the basics from acidolpholis to bee pollen and creatine and b complex amino acids etc, what do you think is in the over priced crap for sell in the jug for twice as much, much less ingredients is all....theres not half the stuff you could get by buying it in its original form and making it yourself...and you dont need anything like this if you feed a good feed and aint working your dog in exponentially higher amounts than an average dog anyhow,.....in that case good feed is all you need...write that down.

12. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

good post. The problem is most just want to be told what to do, they don't want to think and research on there own. Its easier that way.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Thats right, most think there is already something we all use or a right way to do everything and want the quick answers....when really answers dont come off a shelf...

14. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

Anyone ever try the supplement that terry sales on his website (aadr) I herd its good can I get opions on that

15. Joanna

Joanna Big Dog

16. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Missing Link is crap and a waste of $$$! IMO

17. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I use in my pre-keep and it works just fine.

Mackerel is a rich, oily fish, and as such is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and other serious illnesses. Mackerel, like tuna and oysters, is an outstanding source of selenium, which is part of an important antioxidant that is present in every cell of the body. And mackerel is an abundant source of vitamin B12. Mackerel has outer layers of red meat and lighter interior meat. The proportion of red and light meat varies with the species, as does the percentage of fat.

YIS

18. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

havent seen the vertex before, i usually use red cell. and raw eggs, or chicken.

19. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

Nupro supplements my dogs basic BARF diet.

I have never used the apple cidar vinegear to dry out the dogs. Does anyone have any thoughts or comments you could share???? Thanks in advance.

20. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Hey Frenchie great looking dogs & site. I have been looking and still continue to look for tight Maverick dogs that I may cross my TNT stuff to. I hope 1 day we can hook up and do some business. :D