1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by MollyThePit, Dec 11, 2012.

1. capo

capo Big Dog

What do you want us to think? If your talking about how she looks, she looks healthy! If your saying does she need work, yes you can put more time into tightening her up!

2. Sorry i had something writen up deleted it to post pis and never re wrote it. shes 1 week into a keep. the first week was just a mile a day w 15 minutes of flirt pole after or long toss with a kong ball. i know ur probably gunna say more hand walking but, how do i tighten up some of ther loose skin. i understand its genetics just wondering about tips. thank you in advance and thank u capo

3. capo

capo Big Dog

Just keep at what your doing and youll see some results! To each his own , everybody has their different methods in everything from breeding to feeding to keeps,etc. you want to know what i do PM me, but at the same time there's threads on here that can give you more insight on a keep are conditioning a dog and so forth!

4. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Pretty little girl...always been a sucker for the brindle dogs.

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

listen to someone that actually does condition dogs - best bet. probably someone that has accomplished something with the dogs they have. The best do all kinds of things.

Lots of keeps - yes - which are you following - or are you doing your own thing?
    A little buldge in the tum tum, may just need to cut the feed a bit and walk a couple miles a day, if you still aint happy - Flirt pole, jog, mill, spring pole, or some sprints while walking.
    What are you doing to condition now?
    Looks like one of mine kinda . . which is hard to condition.

6. thanks everyone for the replies! shes about 55 lbs. right now shes on totw eating 2 and 1/2 cups a day, but starting tomorrow shell only receive 2 cups. as for keeps i read alot about the Ca jack, mayfield and some others but for right now since i dont have a mill im kinda doing stuff i read and seeing whats good for her so i guess this is a pre-pre keep . This week we only really walked a mile or 1 1/2 miles a day to get her knowing whats going on and ended the walks with flirt pole for about 20 and an hour of fetch at night in the yard.
    Mccoy do u have a specific keep i should look up? i know ppl dont like to tell that sort of stuff so if not im probably gunna try out the powerhouse roadwork keep Pit Bull Chat Forum thanks everyone

7. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I looked them all up and do the best I can with knowledge from them all. No mill here - so its hard. I hope I get more time to condition this year than last. I am not a "tip top conditioner" like some here are. The key is to study them all and do what works for you - or what time allows you to do!

8. Jump on your bike and have her run next to you that will replace some of the work that she would be doing on a slat mill. You can also do some weight drag work. Get a long chain put her in a weight pull harness and walk as far as she can with the chain but start off with short walks at first. If your going to be doing road work I would suggest everyday go a little longer, walking 1 1/2 miles isn't much. Road work is the hardest anyone that has done it will tell you the same thing. Remember every dog is different and not all will be able to do the same keep as another, you can follow any keep that someone has used but you will always have to tweek it a little by taking away or adding something to fit your dog.

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Me too! They are so easy on the eyes!