1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what do you do???

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

thank you for that....and all the dogs look great.......one question does working the chain mean just leave him on the chain outside???or does it mean something else??

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Big Papa "working the chain" is just a term for an active dog while on the chain, one that never stops moving. Thus he is "working" on the chain.

3. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

oh......ok thanks

4. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Thats what Bud dose all day, constantly going back and forth mouthing off at anything that goes by.

5. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i might have to try that

6. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

hard work is the key,imo.just work the dog u cant expect a dog to be well conditioned by just havin him run laps around ur dining table.

7. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i dont think laps around the dinning table will help...... what i do is go out to a dirt road where no one is at.....(my back yard :) ) and take my dog for a drive..... then i let the dog out and drive home while my dog fallows. it may take practice to get the dog to understand what to do..... but once they got it down and you do it often the dog could run forever and muscles look great. even my wider set APBT got lean this way.

8. WWII

WWII Banned

Put him on a cable-run and you'll be getting into shape chasing him down.:)

Marty-What blood is running through that brindle you have? For some reason I hated the black mask, but now I love it. Why's that?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  9. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Americandream, I would be very careful, a friend of a friend did that and ran his own dog over. And he was being careful too.
    What I do that is similar is tell your dog to sit and stay in one spot, then I walk about a football field distance away, and call him. He runs like the wind and when he gets to me, I do it again. I do that about 6 times each session. He loves it and can run as fast as he wants. The first couple times I did it, he thought I was leaving him there, but he has it down now. It also helps with a well trained dog.

10. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

PitDawg, I do pretty much the same thing with my two but where we just moved to we have 48 acres of old farmland, rice fields and tall grass, and I turn them loose and let them run for 15 to 25 min. and man can they run. but you see where we are there is no one around so i dont really have too worry too much but i do keep an eye on them. they really love that.

11. americandream

americandream Top Dog

thats why you get a person sitting on the back of your vihical to make sure and you drive a bit faster than the dogs can run so theres no running over.

12. Marty

Marty Guest

We don't know I bought him for $50.00 off the street, Irish Jerry had some dogs stolen out of the dog pound and I think hes from some of his blood that they bred,I really don't know hes the only one we don't know how hes bred :)

13. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

whoa......that car/truck thing is good but i think imma pass on that

14. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

I have another friend that was working his dog by running it next to his ATV and ran him right over a rattlesnake and wasn't able to save him, due to being too far from any first aid stuff. It was going to be his 3rd time out and that sucks. Coulda had a CH on his hands.

15. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Big Dog

Ok class, the word of the day is LAZY. L A Z Y. LAZY. :D

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

haha.........but hey thats how ppl live.....well me at least haha

17. americandream

americandream Top Dog

in the spring im going to take up jogging agian........ but not for my sake for my jogging buddy. :)

18. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i like taking my dogs running trhough the snow it works them out alot

19. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

PitDawg, this dog just looks awesome!! I love his color:D

[​IMG]

20. gorgeous dogs...real nice ;)