1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what do you do???

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

how do you guys get your dogs like that???? what kind of excercise???? when did you start him/her???? i just want to know thank you.

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Papa this is all natural hehehe its in the genetics ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dogs work there chains if I really worked them just think ;)

3. simms

simms CH Dog

Good lookin too.

Regards.

4. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

The red nose is real nice looking. Great condition. I also love the brindle. I don't see enough good-looking brindles;)

5. bronxpits

bronxpits Big Dog

i no good lookin dogs

6. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

man i love them dogs nice looking dogs.......well i think my dog wont ever get that condition because his genetics aren't like that but i do know that he is lean and muscualr

7. ScrapPack

ScrapPack Big Dog

Truth be known, you can condition ANY type of dog with great results, but it all lies w/i YOU. I know you feel that your XLG dog should be intimidatingly ripped and bulky, but IMO I would be focusing on weightpulling him. To get a charge muscularly defined you need to do an extremely large amount of cardio exercises and feed clean, which means kibble is not an option, might be for some if they have a naturally lean dog, BUT even the naturally lean dog doesn't mean he's in shape or conditioned. A "keep" is hard on a dog and at the end you will want to peak him out. Alot of dogs are dried out like a bodybuilder would before a show, and it shows more definition. IMO it's great to have them in TOP shape, but not as an absolute. Throw the ball frequently, walk a few miles a day and play the tug-o-war game, FEED CLEAN !! Especially if you only have less than a handful of dogs. No excuse as to why they are eating kibble except complacents. Natural feed for 1-3 dogs should easily run you the same amount of $$$ as would a 35 lb bag of Canidae or another premium food. If someone doesn't have the "time" maybe being "pet free" is a better option, because these animals take alot of time out of you. Now if your feeding a dozen plus dogs, kibble is great, just substitue additional supplements. I cannot stress enough how important barf dieting is for your animal/s. IMO Marty's dogs above are probably right where they need to be. Add a little in the Winter, bit less in the Summer by regulation of the feed portions. These are the basic principles of shaping your dog. Hope it helps. ... . ...

8. BOXDOG

BOXDOG Pup

Just Put The Dog On A Cablerun , Alot Of Walk And Feed Him A Little Less He Will Be Fine ! ;)

9. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

I love the way how your dogs are looking. Very fit and lean!

10. BOXDOG

BOXDOG Pup

11. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

Here's another Brindle.... this was at the Newton, KS show.... bad thing about his color is it's hard as He!! to see his condition:

Attached Files:

• 93.jpg
      93.jpg
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
  12. BOXDOG

BOXDOG Pup

Not With A Good Eye Lol

13. robert

robert Big Dog

Boxdog "Socrates" looks like one he.. of a dog. I suppose the pic was taken at the end of a keep.

14. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

I don't like how that Socrates dog looks right behind his ribs. It looks caved in and looks like you can see his organs in his body.
    The only reason I don't like brindle dogs is because it's harder to see definition when they're ripped. Here's my two, brindle, and these pics were taken after no special excersize but walking once in a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See what I mean about seeing the def, it's harder than a solid colored dog.

15. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

like Marty said, genetics...and working the chain. Here is my female 2 wks after false pregnancy getting back into shape. a little bit of roadwork and just have fun! :)

[​IMG]

16. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Yeah its real hard to see a brindles condition, I have to make sure that I have Bud facing the right way in the sun so you can see his muscle lines, he has them, they are just hard to see.[​IMG][​IMG]

17. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Devin, she looks really good there! Nice pic!

18. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Thanks! she's coming along nicely! :)

19. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

To answer the question though, don't just let your dog sit around the house. If he's not outside on a chain, walking or playing all the time, get him out and walk him everyday. If he likes the springpole, do that. When it's warm, and if he likes water, take him swimming. Being active is the key, just like people. Even if you don't wrok out, as long as you stay active, you will most likely stay in better shape. Don't feed him a ton either. Too many poeple overfeed. I feed my dogs 1 1/2-2 cups per day, depending on the season. (more in winter, less in summer) Also the quality of feed goes a long way too. Make sure if you have to find the cheapest food, that Chicken is the first ingredient. Chicken MEAL is okay, but never chicken BY-PRODUCTS. That is all the stuff we don't eat. feet, necks, etc.

20. robert

robert Big Dog

You girls have very lovely dogs. Very nice pics