1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do i do

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bryce, May 29, 2007.

1. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

Hey,one of my best freinds has fallen in love with a pup from a kennel that advertises fighting dogs and fights their own dogs:mad: ive told her not to get but she will not be stopped,what should i do,by the way the kennel is in Yugoslavia

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

Try talking her in to going to the pound and saving a dog's life.Pounds are usally overloaded with APBT'S. If she is not experienced with game-bred dogs, she is most likely biting off more then she can chew.

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

well after all . . . it is her money and her choice

you already told her how you feel about it...

4. Michele

Michele Guest

Bryce: how much does she know about this breed?

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well not to ruin the mood of this thread but in some countries of europe dog fighting is not a big concern to them, so in turn the breeders over seas have the opportunity to prove that they're stock is worth breeding. I have nothing against that infact im all for it, fighting is what created this breed and im glad to hear that it is still going on in some parts of the world, because after HS groups ruin everyone's chances to own a true bred apbt in america then our only source will be to import and what not. I say let her do what she wants just explain to her the temperment of a true apbt.

6. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

unfornatley not alot, ive told her not to get the pup but if she does,do alot of research first, to see if she can handle these dogs,

CRG: thats a good idea ill try it to see if it works

7. Michele

Michele Guest

There is no way she will be able to handle a game-bred dog if she is not 110% educated as to their temperment. Does she realize this?

BoiBoi - I agree with your post as to European countries and what they do.....but if this girl is not that educated, it's going to be a disaster and another medal for BSL.

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Most definately her educate herself. This is the best thing anyhow.

9. koening

koening Top Dog

did she do any research for buying a apbt ? i know the dogs from yugoslavia and they really are game-bred ! i agree that if she doesn't have much experience, she should not buy that pup. better of with a rescued one. But if she didn't do any research how did she know about the kennel in yugoslavia ?

10. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Kinda curious about that too koening... Finding a kennel breeding for gameness in the states is one thing, but you have to dig kinda deep to find foreign kennels. I'm searching the web for info, kennels, and peds --daily, lol-- and I only come across kennels outside of the US every once in a while. You have to know what you're looking for...

Has she really not done research or do you just not want her to buy "a pup from a kennel that advertises fighting dogs and fights their own dogs?" If she is going to dedicate plenty of time and money into a bulldog, I'd bet that this kennel is a good choice. On the other hand, if she doesn't quite understand how intense these dogs are, she does need to go adopt instead. There are plenty of pit bulls out there, puppies and adults, in need of a home.

11. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

well whats your point..are you mad that the pup comes from a fighting kennel?or are you mad that she may have a better dog than you?i dont get what your trying to say...dont hate..

12. pitthappy

pitthappy Pup

I think you are right! All of our dog will have the mentality of a fighting dog no matter if they show it or not! That's where they came from!