1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do bullybreeders say about game dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Diesel, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Here is the post links to some sites.

Greyline Board:
    http://www.msnusers.com/greyline/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=559955&all_topics=0

Elite Edge Board:
    http://www.msnusers.com/TheOfficialEliteEdgeBoard/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=372191&LastModified=4675618425978907625

The Dirty South Board:
    There is no one on this board so we will jsut keep tabs on the first two

MORE TO COME>>>

I am betting we are going to get comments on how skinny this dog is. I love game dogs but this dog is really skinny even to me. but lets see what happens.

you wont be able to post unless you apply to join and are allowed into the site. but you can look.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. We really dont care what they have to say......game dogs were here first. They served a purpose,if not fighting then hog hunting and the bottom line is a bully style pit cannot performthe same tasks on the hunt field and they are proven to be extremly more prone to health problems that resemble the English Bulldog. Which takes me to my next point....if you keep breeding them low to the ground and wide in 10-15 years they are going to be just like english bulldogs. I mean I'm already hearing about the big bully' having to have c-sections because teh birht canal is long or strong enough to deilver puppies......its just not right

3. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

This thread was requested by several people on this board in a thread about american bullys...settle down and go read it.

oh, and so you know. i dont breed.

4. Sweet, I never insuated you bred and I have been following the last thread BUT I'm not gonna register on some other website to state my opinion....which also happens to be fact

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I apologize if I misunderstood you but the use of the wor "you" threw me.

I am not saying you need to register. i was saying that if you want to reply that you would need to. you can just read it and reply here.

6. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Really it's cool, we are just trying to see if a game-dog gets as cool a reception in a bully forum as the bully did here.....I for one am interested to see if the bully community reacts like the game-dog community.....

7. 440rider

440rider Guest

not much you can say about the one trait that sets the APBT aside from any other. If you are referring to the looks of a dog in referance to gameness try rewording too "what do people think about a conditioned APBT!"

What is a bully? is that a petname for an APBT or are you referring to blue dogs and APBT's outcrossed with other breeds? What happened to the breed name APBT is that out the window with the conformation standards?

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

A bully is not an APBT it is an Am Staff IMO...it is not bred to the same standard as an APBT, bred for looks, color, companionship.....its a Staff I say

9. What? Staffy's have pure lines regardless of the intention of breeding. Bully's are mixed with some mastiff or other large breed to produce size and bulk.....

10. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

American bullys are composed of three things typically: APBT and AmStaff, APBT and EB, APBT and Mastiff.
    in some cases it can be all three.

11. Yup Mutts, I cant see how the UKC allows this....other then all that money they bring in, ha ha

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Staffs were bred off of the APBT for show characteristics, away from performance, if you wanted bigger you mixed it with a bigger dog, if tyou wanted color you mixed the two colors you wanted....to me a staff is a dog that was bred off pits for different criteria...like mine. That is what my research idicates...staffs in my mind are mixes to produce qualities for other than performance.....again from my research. The standard for a Staff as far as weight goes is much heavier than for a Pit....I really don't want to argue about Staffs, if you want to exchange info lets go to PMs...in my mind plain and simple:

APBT x APBT=APBT
    APBTx something else=Staff

13. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

So how can you not understand why those of us who love the APBT in true form depsise those who take away from it? That makes no sense. To you it does because maybe you have been into those dogs and could care less about the history of the APBT. You may be knowledgable about it but to support "American Bullys" is just like saying the APBT is good enough but still use it in breeding, labeling etc.

EDIT: when I say "you" I mean it generally speaking and the post I first made in the other thread was not at all of ignorance or to bash and neither is this one but take it how you will.

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

so why not ask the question what do bully breeders think about APBT's?

Is there any current registry in the works to have these dogs fall under their own breed and standard?

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

From the elite edge board-

1. Can't see the pic either but I'll add my 2 cents and say having lived with gamebred dogs for a couple decades they're polar opposite from the bullies in conformation and temperament but I love em.

2. I bred game dogs for a few years....mostly boudreaux line....
    IMO....nice muscle tone.....but to much ribs

3. Game bred dog.

Thats GR CH MACHOBUCK. A grandson of GR CH MAYDAY. True American Pit Bull Terrier.

That is a very bad pic of him... here is another pic of him...
    http://www.msnusers.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nHQAAAO8JU4ZG0yfa2rtnekBFj7aPCR7zhRV0IwO0NIQ1b!0LpZnXHKo3Qe*s2ql5
    And here are a few VERY nicely bulit APBTs...

http://www.msnusers.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nHQAAAPEJjYZG0yfa2rtnelu2t!i6f8*NEOwUjPPrL11Zb*hawEyKAMQmcgLZtcym

http://www.msnusers.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nHQAAAPIJqoZG0yfa2rtnevew*zIx4Xh0oYCVUTFGdCahsSNt0eKk5iwGw9y1xGiQ

http://www.msnusers.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nHQAAAPMJx4ZG0yfa2rtnem6flsbUivchAn4mJc7aAoQINrqttpfMznzlACCTgM8f
    These dogs are my cup of tea! [​IMG]

4. i am not sure what to say.i dont know a lot about this style of dog. my first gut reaction is that this dog is bred and raised to fight.i am not saying this is true, as i am ignorant as to the whole game dog scene. the pictures were realy hard to look at, and were almost grotesque.sorry not my cup of tea.

16. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

440rider:
    They obviously like APBTs' because they want dogs that look like them and they use the label APBT most often.

They already have their own registries and as for the name, that's why they call them "American Bullys". They still label them as APBTs' especially when selling them or amongst each other. They say things like "pit", and "pit bull" which means to me that they like the structure of our dogs but just in a bigger size and color, not realizing that they're taking away from the dogs drive, stamina, agility, and health.

17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I like those other pics of Machobuck....cool DOG!!!!!!!

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You forgot this cute comment from the GL board ...

"i dont give a ... if that dog was a10x winner why would want a pet so ulgy no-direspect he is a ugly motha...." - Home of Labomba

19. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Greyline board-

1. Just too skinny and leggy for me, .......Im sure its a great dog and someone loves him but just not my style. Not to mention he looks mean as hell...lol.

2. Gr Ch Macho Buck is a serious effin dog.. I think he looks great for a game dog. Conditioned well. Some serious time went into him. Post some pics of him on Chain weight.

3. Before I got into bullies I had gamies. I was a 18 year old female with two game bred dogs. DAMN I miss them they had drive. I have seen that boy somewhere but he is a game dog and that is not skinny he is ripped and conditioned. Everyone seems to think you should just overfeed your dogs then talk about how big they are. Yeah Big and Sloppy.

I respect Game dogs to the fulliest and never talk shit about them. That's how I gained my knowledge of what a pit is suppose to be. I still have my first female game pit at the house right now. She is 6 now but that bitch still go it.

I don't care for the extreme and overdone bully look. I like mine clean and correct even if it is a bully. But this is just my IMO [​IMG]

4. *First negative comment*i dont give a ... if that dog was a10x winner why would want a pet so ulgy no-direspect he is a ugly motha....

this was more inregard to the look of the dog in questino then gamedogs as a whole... and then a post was made and he was checked by other member on the board for calling the dog ugly.

20. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

trying to keep the boards seperated there inspector.

kick back and read i got this. no need to "stuff the ballot box" i know what i am doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.