1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What could this be

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by 918eva, Feb 12, 2010.

1. 918eva

918eva Pup

my girl bertha has a bump/sore that's right above her tail on her rump. it is not getting any bigger and she doesnt scratch it, although she might of when it first appeared cause the hair is missing where the sore is. she is going to the vet in few days, but would like to know if anyone has a clue what it is. i have attached a couple pics

Attached Files:

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Kinda looks like a histiocytoma. But your vet will be able to make a better diagnosis.
    Definitive diagnosis is established via cytology or biopsy. Your veterinarian may want to wait and watch the lump, based on the age of your dog and the location and presentation of the lesion. Histiocytomas will spontaneously regress in 2- 3 months. If in doubt, biopsy will provide an answer as to the nature of the lesion.

3. 918eva

918eva Pup

thanks scratchin dog, i did some research and it's highly like that you are correct. i'll keep ya updated

4. popper

popper CH Dog

how old isyou rdog?

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

was it bitten/stung?:confused:

6. 918eva

918eva Pup

she turned 3 dec 2009. i dont think she was bitten or stung as she is inside most the time and i dont know what insect would've got her with the weather being snowy and cold

7. sydking

sydking Pup

looks like a hot spot.

8. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

if you look through this section of the forum you will find the answer.
    this has come up before. youll find it aint to much to worry about;)

9. 918eva

918eva Pup

ok, thanks

10. 918eva

918eva Pup

vet believes it is that histiocytoma thing, he gave her a shot and said lets give it few weeks to go away on it's own, if not, come back. also, got her weighed, and she's fat as H*** right now. she weighed in at 56 pounds. was suprised at that

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

glad you took her to vet. im sure it will be as the vet said.;)

12. 918eva

918eva Pup

oh yeah, i take my dogs to vet for anything that may seem small, never know, it could turn out to be something not so small. hope vet's right about the diagnosis though

13. 918eva

918eva Pup

this thing has not busted yet. been at least 2 months. it's not red anymore and it's not as raised up as it once was, but not sure if it's ever gonna go away. how long should i give it before taking her back to vet

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

had the same thing on Buck-Shots chest, it was half the size of a golf ball, then i tried to squeeze it, but it didn't want to pop, but it moved to the surface more, waited 3 days, and gave a slice, peroxide,betadine 50/50, then plysporine, healed up no scar, lil small one, but not viable unless looked for it, threw the fur.

i thought it was a sliver as my kennels as all wood, and they wrestle, but i got a pup same thing, but its small still, lil bump, not ready to pop.