1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What breed is it?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DryCreek, Apr 29, 2007.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

well the story says that a pitbull bit the lady and the poodle..and under the picture its police taking away the dog that bit the lady and the poodle...then they go on about want to ban pitbulls and rotts.as a whole..but they cant yet..but its being worked on.. blah blah blah

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

In the article it states THE DOG, not dogs, as in ONE dog, was impounded.

Under the picture it states...

If only one dog was impounded and the picture shows the one dog that was impounded and the dog that attacked was I.D.'d as a "Pit Bull" it stands to reason that the dog being carried away is the dog that attacked therefor it was identified as the "Pit Bull".

I did not watch the video, takes far to long to load on my comp. Maybe the video explains it better than the article, but as the article stands it sounds like they are saying the dog in the picture was the attacking dog.

3. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

the dog pictured is clearly a shiba inu. It might be an over-weight shiba inu, but a shiba none-the-less.

4. Michele

Michele Guest

yep...............

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

If those are what pit bulls are i say ban them. leave our bulldogs alone

6. Although it isn't specified I believe this is the face to go along with the body shot in the video.

[​IMG]
    It's the picture thats linked to the video, pretty clearly a "pitbull" type dog from the body shot and the muzzle.

7. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

That picture shows an officer carrying a dog away. It doesn't say that was the dog that was impounded or that this one attacked the poodle and woman. In the video, the pit bull that attacked was put in the AC truck but the chow was pictured in the back of someone's car... to me, that might mean the dog had identification and was released to the owner on the scene since this dog had not participated in the attack.

I don't see any reason to write to the author or the newspaper. They obviously made a poor choice in the picture associated with the story and the vague caption under it but no where does it state that the dog was a pit bull. It's a misunderstanding. No need to go off the deep end if you choose to email or call...

Well, that is just what I got out of the article. I may be wrong but it's one way to look at it and may be how they intended for it to be.

8. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Looks like an overweight Shiba or a Shiba/Chow mix. But what difference does it make? I am pretty sure they were talking about the black and white dog. But hey if it bites, then it is a pit bull :rolleyes: That is the media and publics logic

9. I agree...chow/huskee......what a damn shame this world is! If these people cannot tell the difference between a pitbull and whatever else, then they need not to have a position there!

10. short1

short1 Big Dog

under the pic
    Arlington animal services officer Chris Hamilton carries a dog away after a woman and her poodle were attacked in January. The three dogs at top are considered dangerous by the city.

11. Attila

Attila Guest

it is a fluffy mutt. As far from a APBT or any bull dog as mars is from earth. what a bunch of bung licks.

12. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Umm, yeah, and ...? What is your point? lol
    Where in that statement do you see anything about the dog in the picture being a pit bull or the one who did the attacking? Is there some secret code that I'm not seeing?
    Maybe I'm just stupid, but that last sentence doesn't even make sense to me. What 3 dogs? At the top of what? lol

13. short1

short1 Big Dog

all I did was cut and paste what was under the picture ( the 3 dogs refers to video)