1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What breed is it?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DryCreek, Apr 29, 2007.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

2. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

looks like a chow cross to me

3. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

clearly as seen from the picture you can tell that's not a pitbull.
    i guess anything that bites is a pitbull. Maybe if i go buy a rabbit and it bites some lettuce omg!!!!! it might be mistaken as a pitbull!!!

4. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

What breed is it? Most likely a typical street bred mutt!! There's no telling which breed(s) that dog comes from. Lab, Chow, shepard etc...

5. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Those dumb asses. Definitely writing to them!

Looks like a shiba inu to me...but who the hell knows?

6. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Shibu inu crosss (sp) ?

7. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

looks like a shiba inu

8. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

its that one breed stupid ass people get..oh i forget the name.;) should be sued for false advertising.blind cross eyed sob reporters.

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Too large and stocky for most Shiba's I've seen.

Looks like a chow mix.

10. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

looks like a shiba inu mix, maybe a little bit of chow. Also note how BUSHY that tucked tail is

11. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

I wrote both news reposrters an email.....im waiting for there response and i encourage others as well....there emails are at the bottom of the article.

12. Shiba Inu was my first guess. Maybe a Shiba Inu mix.

13. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Where in that article does it say this dog pictured is a "pit bull?" Watch the video... there were two dogs on the owner's (of the poodle) property. One, which does appear to be a pit bull type dog, attacked the woman's dog. This one, a chow (mix?), didn't.

14. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I was thinking the same thing. I guess we're so desensitized to our breed being blamed for everything, and dogs that look nothing like ours being misidentified as such, that people just assume the dog in that pic was labeled a "pit bull". Would it have surprised you at all if they had said it was?

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Looks like a MUTT to me

16. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

Its a chow cross, watch the vid and at the end it shows the dog panting and it has a purple tongue. Apparently there were 2 dogs though. The other one is a totally different kind, short hair and black and white, although they only showed its ass.

17. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Any dog can have a purple tounge....labs, poodles, shepherds, etc (yes purebred).

18. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Spotted tongues are pretty common, but typically only Chows, Peis, and very closely related breeds (usually Asian) have solid purple tongues as this dog did. You don't have to see the tongue of this dog to think she's got some Chow in her... previous posters prove it.

She was probably in heat and the male attacked the other dog to keep him away from his bitch. Simple as that. Any dog would've done that. *sigh* They always have to turn it into a breed thing, don't they? :rolleyes:

19. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

it's a Shibu