1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What about Penn State.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lakewood Dogger, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I do agree with all the kids that were innocent getting records erased//etc...however, the school itself deserves it. it wasn't just the fact that the man did this for years, it's the fact that there was a ton of staff knowing he was doing it. when it comes to football stats, they don't compare to what was taken from the kids this guy did crap to. penn needs an entire new make over, staff, all, now or they will not recover.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Penn State will recover..they will be back ,way too much tradition and a rock solid fan base.Its going to take a few years but they will be back..I say 6 yrs.I saw the same thing at Alabama not as bad ..But we got hit hard twice within a few years and everybody thought we were done.State will be back.

3. deerhunter

deerhunter Big Dog

Erasing Joe Pa from the record books...who cares he's dead, statue taken down...who cares he's dead, 60 million dollar fine...they will raise tuition to pay that in no time, no bowl games...again who cares some go pro, some don't and move on to their chosen vocation, fewer scholarships.... who cares fewer kids have a chance for a free education. Sandusky's victims will live with what has happened to them forever and those who covered it up might get a little bit of time in jail. I bet if you ask the victims they don't feel any better since this has been handed down by the NCAA, had they done the right thing they could have prevented others from falling victim to that sick MF'er...NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT !!!!

4. Penn State will never recover. They will always be shadowed by this and that will sway public perception. Would you allow your blue chip prospect kid to go there? Think about it. THink about all those with the resume that includes Penn State. Nobody wants to mention that.

As far as them being a power house college football team, so long. Not in our lifetime...

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I disagree ..I think they will bounce back..the whole thing is a tragedy.But I cant personally wish bad things on a whole fanbase and a School for something a handfull of morons screwed up.They will bounce back.

6. Has the Catholic Church bounced back? Would you allow your son to be an alter boy in a parish in Boston Mass? See what I mean? How long ago was that?

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

No I wouldnt Lakewood I am not catholic.Now my son after the age of 18 can choose his own religion.But this is football man..I think there is a handfull of universities that can recover from anything..and i think State is one of them.

8. As far as my love of college football, I hope your right. The problem is this is an impossible thing to put behind you. I guess we will see but I cannot see them being competitive in the next 5 years.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

6 to 8 years ..they will be back..my thing is you cant call every catholic a child molester.So you cant say that everybody that loves and supports PState is a child molester..You mentioned the boston incident..I prob think the reason they all tryed to cover this shit up was because all the stink that was already happening with the Catholic Church.I dont know this is true we never will and it dont even matter because they were still wrong.

10. It still makes me sick to think about any of that. It should never have gone on for so long and it wouldn't have if it wasn't covered. Yes, there are eerie parallels to be drawn. As far as Penn State, I think they will do all they can to distance themselves from this. The statue leaving the campus is a step in the right direction. The Paterno name off the library is another no brainier. Also, it is time for Misses Joe Pa to vacate the premises.

As far as the Ncaa sanctions, they will not be ready to rebuild for at least 5 years. Who knows how long or even when they will be allowed to stay in there conference.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lakewood it dam sure cut the Big 10 down a couple more notches.And that a couple notches they couldnt afford to give.

12. Agree. A huge loss for that division.

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

You know of you got a rattlesnake living under your front porch sooner or later you got to crawl under there and kill him lol..Well for what ever reason they decided to let him live.God only knows..

14. I think this year will be no different, I think the SEC will show its dominance early and often. I think USC may be real good out of the Pac 12. Maybe Oregon state.

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Well we getting ready to find out..Hey Alabama plays Michigan the first week at Cowboy stadium in Dallas Texas.I look for that to be a good battle.Alabama lost some good players in that secondary and some good linebackers.So a experienced QB like Michigan has could be a problem for a young Alabama D..But we will see.

16. I don't see Bama having any problems in that. I think they are at least a 9 point favorite. As far as Denard Robinson, he is exciting but there D cannot stop a Big East team. Cannot wait.

I'm talking SEC football and just noticed your tag. I guess I don't have to tell you anything you don't already know. Saturday Nov 3 will be your season.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

yep LSU is gone be the real deal again Lakewood with a chip on thier shoulders and we play em there on the road..SEC games r tough enough and on the road its even tougher.Late in that 4th quarter is when you know what you about on the road.

18. Sat, Sept 1
    vs
    North Texas
    7:00 PM ET Tickets
    Sat, Sept 8
    vs
    Washington
    7:00 PM ET Tickets
    Sat, Sept 15
    vs
    Idaho
    8:00 PM ET Tickets
    Sat, Sept 22
    @
    Auburn
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Sept 29
    vs
    Towson
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Oct 6
    @
    Florida
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Oct 13
    vs
    South Carolina
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Oct 20
    @
    Texas A&M
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Nov 3
    vs
    Alabama
    8:00 PM ET CBS College Sports Tickets
    Sat, Nov 10
    vs
    Mississippi State
    TBD Tickets
    Sat, Nov 17
    vs
    Ole Miss
    TBD Tickets
    Fri, Nov 23
    @
    Arkansas
    2:30 PM ET CBS College Sports Tickets

They don't get a test until a mediocre Florida team. They are really going to have there chests out. Cannot wait for the rematch of the National Title game. I Bet Lsu heavy in both last year. I don't know how things will play out this year. That is why we watch..

19. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

A++ this. Couldn't agree more

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

LSU is going to be tough for anybody man...including Bama.