1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What about Penn State.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lakewood Dogger, Jul 23, 2012.

1. BILLSKI

BILLSKI Pup

Basically the NCAA is trying to hammer home the point of college being an institution of learning, and nurturing for young people. Whether you agree or not, Linebacker U and Joe Pa allowed mr molester to use the school and his position to molest and take advantage of his victims. Put football to the side and use some morality, and this probably would have never happened. People lose jobs all the time due to whispers and rumors. If they would have FIRED Sandusky in 98, it would not been a problem, and the school and Joe Pa look squeaky clean

2. We have had our disagreements in the past. But, I totally agree with this post. The whole system sucks to high heavens. College is for higher learning.

As far as the kids. Penn State really should have been harder hit then they were. You have to realize, nothing happened at that school without Joe Pa knowing in seconds. He knew this was an ongoing thing. He/ Penn State allowed the sexual predator to prey. Because of this, the name Penn State will always be associated with this scandal.

3. Another perfect post. Agree 110%....

4. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

aaaaaaaaaah.... Are u the post grader for the site? Because the curve is skewed... in this situation the molestor was punished 46yrs in prison... Should the ppl who were in charge be forced to step dwn if they are still there? Yes... But once again this isnt a ncaa problem so to speak just like steroids in baseball isnt one for congress... Psu didnt run the charity

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

just so ya know, that IS Lakewoods job here...doesnt pay worth a shit tho

6. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Thanks lee d... Im new to this school so I dnt know all the crossing guards or hall monitors... And im sure it doesnt... Either compliments or hate mail lmao

7. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

And im jus saying punish the deed not the breed lakewood... The WHOLE situation IS messed up but find other ways of "punishing" the school so to speak... Im jus thinkn abt the ppl who may not be able to get a better education (and not even really the psu kids bcuz they can go to other schools...but that in turn takes a scholarship which takes a scholarship leaving somebdy to go to.community college) make the university pay money or something

8. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

It's probably got to do with clearing out all history of that dude's names. Nobody wants to be associated with that guy, to look back and see the award under his name or some crap.

Then again, I ain't a sports guy, so I don't know exactly how that shit goes down.. but that's my guess from an outsider's POV.

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Was that entire Athletic Department who was responsible fired?

10. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Yup...some were even charged with perjury the president of the school was even forced to resign

11. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

I do not Agree with taking away the Wins from the players ,those have nothing to do with this issue. But the ass hole(s) involved including the guy who seen him ....should be treated fairly ..I have the a claw side of a 28 oz. hammer for such treatment ...

12. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond.LOL...

13. All Penn State needed to be punished. The NCAA purged itself from this travesty. In my opinion, there was no way of leaving the kids on field accomplishments out of it.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I hate the NCAA they got way too much power.I think PState should have got in trouble because the shit wasnt nipped in the bud to start with.My problem with the NCAA is they have no rules for themselve,s to follow they just hand out punishment as they see fit.Its not like breaking the law where you pretty much know the min and max you will get.And I hate ESPN to they are ruining college football in my opinion .They have wayyyyyyy too much influence..The kid from Baylor last year winning the Heisman ,sure he was a awesome quarterback and a tremendous talent..But how much love do you think he was getting bfore Kirl Herbstriet started beating his drum..I am not saying the kid didnt deserve it at all.I am just giving an example of how powerful espn is becoming..Are they eventually going to rule all sports?And hey I am a big Alabama fan and yes Mark Ingram was a good running back but in my mind espn got him in the Heisman front door also.

15. I'm a huge college football fan and love the attention it gets now with espn. As far as the NCAA, it has to be the way it is. The next level for some of these athletes is a billion dollar enterprises. They have to be as powerful as they are.

16. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

I wanna know whats going on BETWEEN U N GAINES (in my nick nolte voice)

17. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

I dnt think herbstreit has too much influence...he's a suckeye for one.. He surprisingly does "speak" for alot of guys in his demographic n most saw it like him rg3 had a heisman yr. Simply because he carried the team to another level...

18. Think RG3 is going to be a tremendous bust in the pros.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I agree ..But how many games was Stanford winnning bfore Andrew Luck or whatever his name was..And he did 4 dam years.Even came back and played his senior season.

20. College football is an American institution. Much like Apple pie and baseball.