1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What a weekend! All 3 boys brought home ribbons.

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by ultimatek9, Nov 26, 2007.

1. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

We had quite a busy weekend. Let's see:

Friday UKC conformation:
    Patron had two shows. He brought home a second place in his class, a first place in his class, and a best male (his first major).
    Hennessy had one show. He brought home a first place in his class.

Saturday ADBA conformation:
    Hennessy had two shows. He brought home a third place and a second place in his class.

Saturday ADBA weight pull:
    Jaeger had one weight pull competition. This was his very first weight pull competition. He took first place in his class.
    You can check out his pulls here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKEcKABlHQU

Sunday ADBA conformation:
    Hennessy had one show. He brought home a first place in his class.

Sunday ADBA weight pull:
    Jaeger had one weight pull competition. He ended up taking second place. Although he managed to pull the last weight, he stopped 3 inches short of the finish line pushing him down to second place.

2. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Congratulations, thats one action packed weekend. I checked out the youtube vid, what impressed me the most was the wagging tail. Keep up the good work. Darn, i cant wait till some shows are within reasonable driving distance for me( gas prices )(shitty vehicle):o.

3. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Jaeger really loves to work. If my boys don't want to do an activity (weight pulling, agility, flyball) that is fine. I only keep my boys in activities they enjoy.
    It was sad to watch some people whose dogs just don't want to pull. They had to bait them with toys, leashes, tugs, etc. Some people were actually threatening to leave their dogs behind or not feed them if they didn't pull. Yeah, the dog really understands that one.
    Jaeger works for praise from me, and because he truly enjoys it.
    I wish there were more events in our area. We only have 1 or 2 a year.

4. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Congratulations on the wins.

5. diva

diva CH Dog

Congrats!!! Where are the pictures? :)

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Great I saw the video on Youtube congrats!!!

7. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

ULITIMATEK9: Nice video. First competition ever? Seems pretty good. Almost 38x his bodyweight, very impressive. How much do you all practice at home? Jaeger is a great representation of the APBT. Congrats on your accomplishment and more importantly a great dog.

Andrew

8. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

My husband was busy showing in conformation and I was busy in the weight pull area, so we never really got a chance to get any pictures. I will check with some other people and see if I can steal some of the pictures they took.

9. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Awesome job - congrats on your wins!

Another one with no pictures - tsk tsk, what are we going to do with you people, lol!

10. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Wow! Congrats on your wins!

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Wow, congrats! Sounds like a good weekend!
    Jaegar makes it look so easy. :)

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Whoo-Hoo! What a big weekend. Congratulations on an all-around good job!:D

13. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Congratulations!!

A bit offtopic, does anyone know the size and measuraments of the WP cart and what material is the ground made? Im gonna build one but i cant find anywhere this info.

14. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

The one that was used in our competition:
    I believe the cart was 4 feet by 4 feet and weighed 200lbs. The platform was made out of 1 inch thick plywood, with 2 x 4's framing the underside. It was 3, 8 feet sections that were bolted together at the show. The platform is covered with green carpet, that is super low pile. The track was angle iron that was screwed down to the platform. And make sure there is a stop at the start and end of the track, so the cart doesn't go off.

Pirbul likes this.
  15. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Thanks very much :)

16. prdogo

prdogo Pup

Hi from Puerto Rico
    I am new in this forum and i like the conformation moust. But congratulation becaus what you get is for what you work and is the view that you project. Congratulation again and excuse mi english.