1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What a POS !!

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by hmots, Nov 4, 2011.

1. hmots

hmots Big Dog

What kind of pos steels a mans dogs ?? I mean realy a guy works for years building some thing only to have some lowlife f$ck take away his passion and a part of his livelyhood.Some fu%kin assholes should be drug out in the street and shot!!!! JMO
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Dog theft is definitely a serious crime - the damage goes beyond the actual value of the dog. This is true whether the theft was perpetrated by individuals or by iniquitous organizations such as HSUS.

3. hmots

hmots Big Dog

Problem is that police treat it as though it is simple petty theft ,when in fact it is a felony.Esspecialy when you take into consideration First the value of the dog(s) then multiply that by the number of offspring they may produce in the future. this number can reach into the 10's of thousands for only one dog.

4. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Anyone who'd steal a man's dog should be beaten to death with a lead pipe...

5. doubletap

doubletap Banned

its rife round these parts.either staffs or those other toy types.had one stole on me in 2002.thing is,i knew who had done it,it was stolen on the morning an aquaintance moved to another part of the country.unhappy was i!!

6. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

while i understand where you're coming from on this, thats like saying my crappy honda was actually worth 100k instead of 3k because i could have POTENTIALLY made that much delivering pizzas over the life of the vehicle, which in the case of a honda, could be a very long time.

7. doubletap

doubletap Banned

id say dog ownership and the theft are viewed less important or similar than a hobby by the cops.though,im thinking,if you were a registered k.c top class breeder of some very popular breed that is your actual buiseness you would get a bit more of thier attention.

8. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Nearly chuckled to death. lol

9. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

But you could buy an equal Honda for $3K. If you had a special dog (special to you, or really genetically special), it wouldn't be fair to value your dog at the going rate for dogs in general. Example - how much $ was Eli worth? If he had not been stolen, but had been bred more times, and those pups had been bred, and then those, it could add up to Billions of $. Hahaha - that's too extreme. However, we know that he was worth a great deal more than an insurance adjuster would say he was worth.

There is also the emotional value in your own dog.

I met a lady a couple months ago who had invested $50K in fixing the hips (by the country's top dog orthopedic surgeon) of her dogs. These dogs are close to 200 lbs. It was more than one surgery. Most people would just put the beasts down. But their value to her was higher than their market value.

10. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

the problem is how do you determine market value? Why are these dogs worth so much to YOU? sure as hell not for conformation.

11. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

One good answer is that some dogs are valuable due to potential production. I remember reading here recently that someone's dogs, maybe taken by HSUS or a local group, were valued at $10K each.

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Well if you catch a lowlife stealing a dog I'm sure they wont have enough ass to cover the worth of the dog.

13. ocdogger

ocdogger Pup

that new pup of yours didn't get stolen, did it?

14. hmots

hmots Big Dog

lol....cute, but i dont think I would liken a perpose breddog weather it was bred for sport or show to an old honda. I may have stressed only one side of the origional thought in my last post .what is more important is when some sob does this years of a mans blood sweat and tears is gone in the blink of an eye......maby we should all start raising old hondas???LOL:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. hmots

hmots Big Dog

I think you were asking me ...? A buddy of mine had his kennel broken into..

16. Nash

Nash Big Dog

Your right FD. Besides putting value to any property "Thou shall not steal."

17. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

I have heard of the junkies stealing dogs before in the glasgow area & as soon as a reward was offered the scum sold the dog back , but if we look at history this has been going on for years from the gypsies stealing them to your village idiot but its wrong still the same .

18. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Yeah dog thieves,ped thieves are the same in my book.But it is even worse when its someone that you considered a friend .Someone that can steal something that might have taken a person 20 years to get, is a low life piece of crap. DOGPEOPLE NEED TO OUT THESE LOW LIFE'S.

19. unity

unity Pup

happens down south too..........
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ends-1-000-ransom-notes-safe-return-pets.html