1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Were Dogman of the Past Cruel?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BrokenBread, Nov 1, 2009.

1. WWII

WWII Banned

Because a match isn't about fair. You bring the dog you think has an advantage over another.

2. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Not an advantage if the opposition is using it as well lol...most other sports arent so closely related to life or death.if i was gonna put one in (which i wouldnt of course) i would give that dog EVERY chance i possibly could and you should as well.brought in the right way (the way it was meant to be)??whats that all about??

Used the right way they do next to no harm to your dog,so ive heard

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

aslong as what you give your dog has no effect at all on the other.....then alls fair...

4. widerange

widerange Big Dog

i look at a shot of steroids being just like a shot of nos. if you cant fix your motor up good enough to beat a man w an all motor car then maybe your in the wrong sport and should find something else that your actually good at. as stated before they are banned from sports for a reason.

and alls fair......steroids give an unknown advantage to your dog which in turn is a disadvantage to the other dog so how is that fair?:confused: if it was you standing toe to toe w a guy on rods bet you wouldnt be so fair.

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i see your point.....but it does not affect the ability of the other dog....like a "rub"....etc....

6. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Ok widerange.your into a dog on roids and get smashed the shit out of,your dog on deaths door....same night,same dog BUT with roids.your dog wins,it isnt on deaths door

Would you still see it that way

I think not!!

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I think roids was for men that had no confidence in their stock

8. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

yep yep yep

9. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Its not gonna give you advantage like you think its mainly for the keep they will run hot if not used properly. best believe the majority of comp use it

10. teras

teras Big Dog

this!!!

you cant realy make this question. were non-dogmen cruel to dogs? depends on the person realy.

one thing you gotta look into is the ethics of each era, and what is considered norm and what not at any era.

in these terms i think dogmen today may be more cruel than before. not to mention that today you get a lot of psychos. everywhere that is not just in god circles.

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

theres no need for it either he got it or not

he may seem like a monster but in reality hes a under average fight crazy cur so you use it if you like(pre76) but I would look at the stock thats winning without roids those are bulldogs the ones that show you why not to use roids

12. widerange

widerange Big Dog

thank you frank very well put.

no one wants to lose their dog and (pre76) i wouldnt knowingly place my dog in front of another on roids. my thing is simple if you cant do it w out the roids maybe you and/or the dog just doesnt have what it takes.

how bout if those dogs are weight pulling. now clearly if one uses it doesnt harm the others in anyway, but it does give the advantage to that one dog. reguardless of the sport, training or whatever and whenever the use of it just isnt fair, but that is jmo.

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Thank You Button:D:):D

14. Boze

Boze Top Dog

if you guys thin some of the greats did nit use steroids than you are fooling yourself and they had some of the best stock. name a legend and they have used steroids, but steroids can sometimes make a dog come in heavy thus not giving him the advantage his weight will be all wrong

15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

:DYou get my thank you button:D,
    I feel, if you need to dope your dog to win maybe you should look for better dogs, while your at it why not file his teeth then you can make your sub-par dogs real deal bulldogs, like someone said before, they either have it or they don't. I realize some greats used them, probally alot more than will admit it, (hell I'm practically basing my yard off a juiced up dog) and for the people that think steriods don't give much of an advantage, what world do you live in, a dog is a mammal just like you and I, while different than us still similar in many ways and steriods do pretty much the same thing in a dogs body as they do our own. Fuck the reproduction system all up, make the dog stronger faster than el natural and it aids in recovery time just as it does in humans any vet will tell you the same thing. I guess we are talking in two different areas, on one side, people matching dogs want to win (most times than not, any way they can) pre76 of course, on the other side of the coin is somthing that has been thrown away in this country anymore, I believe they once called it ethics ( I know, whats that, right?..lol) For the people that say they breed best to best, how can you justify a dog that needs to be juice up to win as being the best? I would rather the dog win because he was a good dog with natural ability. Not because you gave them something to enhance there abilities. To me (and again, maybe I'm the only one that feels this way) It's cheating, just as it is in human sports, your giving the dog an edge he would not normally have.....My last post on this matter, this is going to be one of those revolving threads that just keeps going in circles. I would think, for so many people who claim to want to preserve the breed, and better it, I have this last question for you. How does steriod use in match dogs accomplish either of those goals????????????
    (it's a retorical question that I don't expect anyone to answer becasue I already know the answer to the question, IT DOESN'T!):rolleyes:

16. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

thats what im saying the majority of the dogs in yours ped where worked with juice hell dex is a steroid. I dont use it on mine but i know for a fact it wont give you a advantage like some are saying you must just never had saw one used with it. If you are pullin with your hounds you already went into comp that use it trust me

17. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Thats where your wrong its not going to make a bulldog out of a cur a cur is a cur
    Goodluck finding that

18. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Ima start off by saying i dont use them in my dogs. With that being said i suggest you dont pull with your dogs because you are going to feel your comp is cheating 95% of the time. If you are really in the dogs take a look at the people who run the fast lane like you said the goal is to win those dogs where properly schooled just like any other dog juice or no juice they are bulldogs and thats what you better bring. how you shape yours is up 2 you and how the comp shapes theres is up 2 them. What you gonna do call them and tell them how to work theres or scream cheat when you get beat. Dont think so

19. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Buck beat sandman when sandman was juiced the way i was told. joey lost off the juice the way i was told and the list goes on its not gonna be the deciding factor believe it or not

20. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

I have nothing on this actual subject but some people use some gunpowder actually to spice their food. And now I mean human food. Never done that so dunno how to but they say you dont need any salt or pepper with that. :D