1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Were Dogman of the Past Cruel?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BrokenBread, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

There is always someone out there who will try to cheat you because they are into the betting of the gambling part and not into the interest of the sport or the breed or really caring about the dog.

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

your right about that

but being honest and losing still makes you a winner

cause to cheat is to lose even if you win

HA

thats why you deal with people with your same values snd you wont have to worry about that

3. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Remember what my brother once said to me when I got pissed off about cheats.

"Why be surprised? Any who matchs a dog is an outlaw.
    Where are there rules to being an outlaw?"

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I dont belive that at all
    humans all are individuals,the same as dogmen,and those few individuals that cheat are not dogmen

and if your a cheater you aint shit nothing but a peice of shit

if it were that simple as everyone being outlaws then why even wast time (pre76) with washing dogs if its ok to cheat

I guess they would bath to prevent cheating so it wasnt ok even in the world of outlaws

and tell your brother that the outlaws that cheated normaly got caught
    and the conciquences were great seeing as how every one was outlaws

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

FD you ain't got a clue of what your talking about. the wash ain't hard to beat at all. don't get so wrapped up in all them old stories about how your " heroes " were upright citizens that wouldn't cheat lie or steal. there are so many ways to cheat your head would spin, wash ain't doing nothing if the poison is in the blood. FD have you ever wonder why a handler would slap the rug? how do you know who got caught & who didn't were you there? after all ain't you the one that would (pre76) bring em in 1lb under. funny how your telling this guy his brothers wrong LOL.

6. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Point made! Pre (76), matching dogs was about tryna breed the best dog at that weight period! Even though gambling was involved the true essence of the game was about bringing the best dog to the box at his/her weight. After which we would watch to see how the pups faired, hoping that at least some carried the traits of the sire & dam. Where steriods plays into this picture except for straight medical perposes is a bogus claim. To try and justify the use of steriods by saying so and so did it and his dog made Ch, or Gr. Ch, dont hold water. Bottom line its about best to best and if the dog is juiced up he could hardly be called the best! But to each his own.

7. gameexchange

gameexchange Big Dog

I've hear of them using steroids but none of the other stuff. Like stated earlier i've heard of dogmen, let me re-phrase that, I've heard of pitbull owners of today using bait dogs. My stand on that is why use a bait dog? Mike Tyson didnt get good by beating up wimps and helpless kids. Floyd Mayweather didnt become quick and great by boxing pipsqueaks. If you want to be the best spa with the best. You'll never have a dog that can hunt in the woods properly by taking him to the zoo to hunt. He has to learn in the woods as well.

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

yes I would go 1 under (pre76)

and yes I did know its a way to poison your own dogs blood I was told about it
    but I would never do it

I dont see the point of being spite-full

if the people I know were to lose to a fella either they brought the wrong dog
    or they or were out matched

same as with roids no need for them or rubs thats how they taught me

so I guess it depends on what type of outlaws you know

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

spiteful dang that's mighty hypocritical of ya lol. when your telling a certain person them & there brother are wrong. but what do i know im just a regular joe.

10. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

its truth in what I say

and I wasnt sayn that he was wrong as he stated he thought his bro was wrong

but the brother yeah he was wrong for sayn that if everybody else is doing it
    why not doit

that the wrong teaching

the spitefull thing about the rub is that theres a few of them that may kill a good dog even if it wins long after the fight

(pre76)the way I would go is the honest rout and try to deal with the same

if I couldnt beat you well shit can I get a breed it just might help my yard
    but if someone rubs and it kills the dog

it wasnt a accident
    it was done knowing what it could do

all because if you lose your money you dont want the other fellow to have his good stock so you poison his dog

shit thats as bad as being a dog theif probly worst at least the dog might live
    but to poision it cause you cant take a loss

that shit is spitefull

11. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

No that shit is dumb. some one rub on me Ill cull them and there curr. No past go . Just straight to hell!!

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

there's so many ways to cheat not just with rub or poison. you need to know the different ways & have a eye to spot when the other guy ain't play'n straight. (pre 76) i was cheated on the scale by probably 3 or 4 lb. sure i was mad but it was my fault for not understanding just how dirty folks are. they will try to pull a fast one every chance they get. honestly just ain't a high priority on everyone list so you need to know the ways to spot a fast one. is it wrong yes does it happen yes more then you think.

13. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

your right ben thats why you deal with honest people and youll get a fair shot

and if you thought they were honest people and they show you different no need to trust them anymore

14. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

very very good post. I am in 100% agreement.

15. Nightmare I have a question if you don't mind. What are your thoughts on dex vs. drying out or peaking a dog?

16. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

I use it but you got to know when to and when not to.
    You can make a dog peak with it if you know how.
    Drying out.....ahhhhh that isn't why I use it but also with other things at the end of the Keep to bring them in on point.

17. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

I got news for everyone who wasn't around the game pre-1976 as I was.
    There were dog fighting and animal cruelty laws since the 1930's.

You would be surprise the people I have known to rub dogs.
    Bottom line,
    if don't know how to beat a rub then you shouldn't be in the [].
    The better the dogman, better knowing to watch for rubs.

BTW the point my brother was making is , where and when do you start judging the honesty and integrity when you are dealing with outlaws????

18. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

So what are some tips on beating the rub?

19. ROSE

ROSE Banned

TRY to stick with people that you and others really TRUST.If you hear negatives about a certain person by more than one source take heed.

20. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I understand that, I was looking for something other then the obvious. Thanks though.