1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Well i guess it is time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Old Timer, Aug 14, 2007.

1. 440rider

440rider Guest

interesting stories OT.....

without posting a ped I know you stated you dont post ped...but can you tell me what dogs were the parents of the sixbits/maverick (eli/boze)dog you aquired always interested in storys and dogs bred down from sixbits.......Did you get the pup off Jerry or JD before he took ill? He was breeding alot of toby dogs before he went with the sixbits-maverick/toby dogs and sold shadow..floyd had a few good ones off sixbits as well. Had a heavy sixbits dog that was recently put down by laspca called tar baby

What's your opinion of how zebo was bred-up, I talked to a few some years back about him and heard some interesting takes and a very believable one..have you ever bred to him?

What line of boudreaux dogs are you running (no need for ped I'm familiar with alot of those from what boudreaux bred in the past..are you doing heavy boze dogs as in what JD did with his dogs like country boy for example. I had a dog back some time that was heavy billy boy grandsired by Check..great dog. take care.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

You have any good ones on Bobby Hall?

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

How about the most extreme game bulldog you have ever seen?

How about some stories on the old Stomponato (Carver) dogs from the Texas area. Im thinkin the likes of J. Mayfield, J. Addy, Pitre, Curry etc....

4. but you forgot the most important rule of life never bring a knife to a gunfight ..... [​IMG]

5. Had you once with a dog the sure feeling he is game? I mean out of the blue ... only a feeling.

6. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Jesse, thought you might enjoy this...I wrote it for Dave last year when he passed. Thanks for the story about him- brought him back down here with us for a bit ;).

God Needed A Dogman

In memory of Dave Lewis, a.k.a. "Texas Pit Dogs" 1926-2006

It was a beautiful day!
    --up in Heaven.
    God looked down upon earth...with a smile...
    For today was the day he'd picked to bring home,
    --a man whom he'd needed awhile.

They say all dogs go to Heaven,
    true they do--but only in part.
    God reserves certain green pastures,
    ...for the bulldogs he blessed with most heart.

Many a Dogman has tended,
    to these bulldogs in Heaven,
    --game-bred.
    Awaiting the man God chose long ago--
    ..."Man of Bulldogs and Dogmen",
    ...permanent.

God whispered the word to his angels,
    --take him gently and don't let him know.
    For he'd worry 'bout leaving his family and friends,
    --and the dogs whom he loved fiercely so.

Once in Heaven this Dogman he laughed,
    --asked if this was the place bulldogs stayed,
    ...God said "Yes my son they are here,"--
    and showed his new Dogman the way.

They were met on the path by a lady,
    --this Dogman he never had to guess--
    hand in hand they walked through these pastures of green,
    ...reunited in love yet again.

God showed them the way to their keep,
    --of bulldogs and friends--
    How they cheered!
    Then the pastures grew quiet,
    --the bulldogs stood still--
    for they knew their Dogman was here.

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well i will just use their names that the breeder used the dam was called baby,and the male was called hondo that wasn't their registered names thats just what he called them.but now there is a man and wife in Odessa Texas who has a male that is a eli dog and she has a female that is eli sixbits and tombstone is what i belive she said but she didn't have the pedigree handy because they are moving.i went out there with my nephew to look at some dogs for him and thats where i seen it.now one thing i didn't like about the place was it was not kept up well at all they were not up to my standards as far as scooping up after them and such.now as far as Zebo you don't want to get me started on that because that will turn into a entire diffrent story,lol.best i can say is he was bred diffrently,lol.but no i never bred to him i kept my dogs pretty tightly bred by that line.i liked to take a family of dogs and keep it as tight and right as i could.only one dog i owned in my life that was unknown to me and it came from my mentor and his name was rebel and he was all bulldog and he was not only the best dog i ever owned but he made me more money than i could shake a stick at in fact i ended up shooting a man over that dog,lol.now as far as my dogs i have them down from blind billy,boze,eli,maverick,easy,spook,brandy,boss,bo,spike and the list goes on.pretty much any dog from that line that i liked i tried because i know if he had them they were bred right or he wouldn't feed them.but my dogs to this day are bred so tightly that a lot of folks might think i am crazy but they work for me,lol.

8. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

hey jesse how bout a story on ole maverick and skull

9. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

lord you trying to make me lose my faith ain't you,lol.i honestly don't think i could say something that hasn't allready been said about him or that he didn't put in his book allready.but he was as mean as old bullyson and he was a damn good fighter to and he would fight at the drop of a hat.but something that comes to mind is when i myself and a few other men were all in a cafe getting a bite to eat and talking dogs.and these troublemakers came in and sta down at the table behind us.they wasn't in bout maybe 15 minutes before they started causing trouble.then they threw something i belive it was a spoon and it hit Dave in the back of his hat.so i started taking off my watch and rolling my sleeves up because when Daves eyes got big he was mad so me and Dave walked over and Dave picked up what they threw faster than i could see it and anyways to make a long story short he grabbed the one who threw it by the head of the hair and brought his face down into his knee and shoved it in his face,then i hit the other one before he even got up and i think i broke his nose so that turned into a free for all and anyways i got punched in the nose and fell back into someone and that someone was ol Bobby he walked in sometime after it started and i tell ya he took up the slack just for the fun of it.and he cleared house because that was what he liked to do and boy was he good at it,he remined me of Clint Eastwood in them movies any wich way but loose because thats how he tore through folks.so after it moved outside they left finally because Dave got busted in the nose to and he ran to his truck and got a hatchet and said he was gonna fight em indian style but in all fairness one of em took out a chain but ol Bobby did one better he went to his car and he grabbed a shot gun and took it to the man's head racked a load up and said it ends now and by damn it did.and they all left,lol.it seemed that it always ended up going to weapons even with myself.we never done more than we had to though but we got the job done.Dave and myself could say in good faith we never killed nobody but we sure wounded and crippled a good few,lol.

10. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

yeah i had a dog i sat on for 4 years almost culled him but i just knew he was game.and boy was he ever.excellent dog that almost never came to be because he was such a slow starter.i am a firm beliver in that if your gut tells you something go with it because your gut is rarely wrong.

11. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

now by extreme do you mean in or out of the pit.

12. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

that really was beautufull.it sent a chill down my back because it was so true sounding.i can only imiagine that thats the way it will be.Dave would have loved reading something like that.

13. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

In the []. The dog that showed the highest level of gameness you have ever seen.

14. [​IMG]Dave and myself could say in good faith we never killed nobody but we sure wounded and crippled a good few.....:D you kill me with that storys....keep em coming [​IMG]

15. willypete

willypete Big Dog

did you ever see alligator or melonhaed go.

16. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i would have to say Jimmy boots not only was he game as could be and is one of the best of all times in my opinion but he was damn good to look at to.he was one hell of a dog all the way around.

17. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

yeah thats about what we all looked like after our fights,lol.

18. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

nope can't say that i have.

19. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

do you have any storys on bob wallace or any of his dog or did you ever see any of bobs dogs go in the pit? I have heard some stories about him I just wanted to see if there true like his dogs were not all that but he was one hell of a conditioner what's your take on that thanks in advance grate storys.

20. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

I got a good question. How would you feel about teaching a few things to an up and comer?