1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

weights????

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

oh ok i was wondering because pr. bootay said pulling gets you money but what i think was she meant studding

2. Traceygsu

Traceygsu Pup

3. natas

natas Big Dog

These dogs are impressive, I have a silly question does all of this pulling do damage to the dogs??

4. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Let'em pull all they can handle10,000lbs

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2005
  5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

We should NEVER be concerned about the money you can make of your dog. Anyone who gets all excited about making money from their dog needs to be sent to Iraq & live there with NO money. You want money? Get a job. (& anyone who talks all they can about ways to make money from there dogs needs their mouths ducktaped shut) JMO

6. you got it mia. my excitement peaks when my female out pulls all the females and most of the boys lol.

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. Same with me & hunting. There was nothing like seeing Akee get a hold on the hog way before another catch dog could get his balance together & go in for one. She made it look easy! What does that slogan say? Pain is temporary, Pride is forever (not money!)

8. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

cool my female is like that too

9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

We should talk about how much money we have lost or been cheated out of over the dogs we have or have owned.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  10. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

dog for money how dumb

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I agree. So many people are hung up on getting money back from the dogs like its a business......To me this is the equivelent of having your daughter be a red light gal because you put so much $$ into her growing up!:rolleyes: People forget that although these dogs are a way of life.....they should still be a hobby and not a money making adventure.

12. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

that is true pitbulls she never be made for business they were made for family companion

13. I agree with most of you but to answer a question that would get you more money for pups to have a proven dog besides a 100 year old line that dont mean anything. Someone has to sell pups (So yes someone runs a buissness) and peeps that look for quality pups pay more its sorry that other people just dont care what they turn out and will sell anything for a buck.

I think alot of people jump on people for asking question about selling or making money or litters so much its kinda crazy I know where your coming from. I just think it would be better to educate them instead of a beat down over the internet.

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

That's where you're wrong. Selling puppies/dogs should NEVER ever ever be a business! Those "businesses" are also known as back yard breeders, puppy peddlers, puppy mills, etc. They only serve to make themselves a quick buck without any effort of their own only to ruin breeds, abuse/neglect dogs, & produce poor quality dogs. We don't need "businesses". We need true dogmen. My dogs are my joy, my hobby, hell, my life. Not a business.

15. I am not going to argue with you. but if you sell a puppy it is a business reguardless what you want to call it. If people selling Pups are not a buisness then could someone please Give me a nice lined Red/rednosed pup looking for another puppy :)

You have to think about it selling a dog for $500-$2000 not a buisness if you just did it for the breed, for the dog, for you, history , what ever, then you would not worry about the cost of raising, training, feeding, vet supplies, and try to recoop your losses. You also would not be required to either put down money or buy a pup when you walk on a good yard!!!

Now that being said I love our breed I dont agree with every dumb but with dogs breeding either, I just think people go dang near crazy when someone says they are going to breed or have a pregnet dog

Edit to add this We as everyone with a pit, kennel etc dont even want to bring up old doggmen they did raise dogs to improve the line but it was deff about money for most of them.

ZO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I don't! That's NOT what breeding is about nor should it be about! If I can't afford my dogs by making money through of job of my OWN (gee, what a concept), then I won't own them. I don't use puppy sells to keep me going.

I'm glad you love the breed, but you also love the "business" aspect of it. And that's a damn shame.

Oh, & for the record: out of 6 litters, I sold 2 puppies! And both went to people I know very well. The rest I still own, but they reside with my brothers & a handful of close friends. I don't breed to make money, I have a job for that. I breed to improve the breed, to improve my dogs' lines, & to improve upon my dogs in general. It's not about money. If someone has to keep breeding to sell just to afford the dogs one does have, then one should get rid of all their dogs period.

17. Hey guy I have two dogs and have not had, sold, any pit pups and am not planing anytime soon!!!

As far as a real job have one of them to. Pretty good at that, make enough for my wife to be at home mom and everything. No dogs or any other ouside income is needed to care for anything in my household.

My comments are just a Fact people way over do it when it comes to breeding/ selling pups what ever you want to call it comes up in the forums.

ZO

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

You are dead on with that quote. And that's why my grandchildren will probably only get to know the APBT from pictures & videos.

19. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Zo..did you buy your dogs or did you rescue them. If you bought them, who did you buy them from?

Also.. If you want a "Red nosed red pup" that bad, you can rescue one that is on death row in some shelter because his or her BYB was trying to make $$$$... then spend the $$ treating its mange, behavorial problems, Hip displasyia, skin disorders..

20. By the way what part Louisiana you in I live in Shreveport

ZO