1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Pulling Sleds

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by BATTLE CRY, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Can You Guys Please Direct Me To Some Links For A Weight Pulling Sled? Your Help Is Very Much Appreciated.:)

2. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Where are you from? At almost every show there are some...

3. I'm Located In San Diego,ca.

4. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

I want one to im in canada.....still cant find them at our shows....we dont have alot of stuff for sale at ours.

5. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Cool thanx !!!

6. OldRed

OldRed Pup

any near NY???

7. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I took and drilled a hole in a old tire and run eye-bolt in it, with nut and washers on both sides to secure it. I connected about a 5' piece of chain to it, and let them drag tire. I used to make slids, but I always had a problem with them tumping over. With tire, I wasn't limited to what type of terrain I had to keep dog on while pulling.

8. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

9. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Tablerock has some of the best equipment. The harnesses are really nice too. Here is a picture of a custom Harness she made for one of my clients dogs. It was a little too big and sent back, It fits perfect now.

[​IMG]

10. maberi

maberi Pup

I assume you want the sled for conditioning so if I were you I would just grab a handful of different sized tires or some window weights and a tow chain.

11. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

how much does it cost to gt the name stitched in????by the letter i assume?

12. maberi

maberi Pup

Also check out Alaskan Dreams if you need a harness or have your heart set on a sled. Missy and her husband Dave are well known in the pull community

http://www.alaskandream.org

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I tried this with China and she didn't like the noise it made sliding across stuff. But, She has never pulled before and she's six. I just thought the added weight could help her lose some pounds. I think it's a great idea though.

14. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Yes, its good to get them used to wearing harness, and some noise at a young age. I usally let mine start by dragging milk jugs with some gravel in them with a few feed pans tied to them. After doing this for a few weeks, they won't pay any attention to the noise.

15. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

It's expensive for a custom harness. I think it is $2 a letter. Without the name I think they start at $65 but are made to order so you get the correct fit. If you have a puppy tablerock has a harness for $20 that is adjustable. It's not made for heavy weight but it grows with your pup and gets them use to harnesses. I used it on a couple of my pups and it works great!

I have got harnesses off ebay for about $20 but you can't guarantee a good fit since they are mostly used when you get them and not custom made.

16. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Homemade Drag Sled!