1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight pulling record?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Pirbul, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Anyone know whats the max weight pulled by a dog and incase its not an APBT, whats the record for an APBT?

If anyone can provide links that would be cool =)

Im just trying to get some info about it, and google doesnt help.

Thanks.

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm not sure, but you also have to remember to take into account the type of pull it was as a rail pull is going to put out a much higher number than a drag pull or wheel pull on ground.

You can check out the IWPA homepage & look around on there. I know they keep updates on leading stats.

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I remember hearing about a dog i think its name was whopper that pulled well over 15,000lbs, there was a big argument about this dog because people claimed he was pure apbt but everyone that knew the people that bred and owned him knew that he was mixed with who knows what

4. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

15,000 lbs Id say he a clydesdlale cross or a pulling Ox (lol)

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

6. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

I know 12, 000 lbs. was pulled last year in NC. But it was'nt the record.

7. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

the most I could ever find was a dog that pulled 8000 lbs. he was from the
    LAR-SAN bloodline!

Tony

8. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

That is an old site no longer used here is the official one
    http://www.weightpull.com/

Back in the late 80's early 90's we saw a dog by the name of IKAN PULLMORE he was 80lbs heavy... pull right around 11,000 lbs. The ADBA dosen't really keep official records like that though. At the ADBA Nationals in Tennessee one year Wilhe Makit and Kanshee Makit pulled over 200+ times their body weight and they were around 30-32lbs.

9. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

A female pit pulled over 7500lbs, 244x her BW. 2 male "pit bulls" (I question them being purebred APBTs since they are both well over 70lbs.) broke the record for most weight pulled, with over 13,000lbs pulled. I believe this was all on rails.

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

One thing I'd like to mention is that I am MUCH more impressed with a dog that can pull on dirt or better yet, snow, than I am one that can pull on rails. There is going to be a large discrepency b/n the values of the 2 & although the rail values will be much higher, it doesn't mean that it's the better dog of the 2.

11. wally81

wally81 Pup

this is why it is hard to have a set "record" bc all conditions are not the same. some rails do not have a "hole" and some are set level.