1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

weight pulling harnesses

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by synno2004, Mar 3, 2011.

1. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

What is the proper length of a Weight pulling harness. While I have read some in some sites that, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The spreader bar should be touching the rear of the dog when the harness is in a relaxed position.

I have seen pictures of dogs wearing harnesses and on some dog harnesses the spreader bar is about six inches farther back and do not touch the rear of the dog.

I am getting ready to order one but Don't know what are the advantages disadvantages of different styles. Have any of your ordered from any of the following sites? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Stillwater Kennel Supply --
    N O R D K Y N O U F I T T E R S
    http://www.itsmysite.com/cdpits/
    Mighty weight pulling harnesses competition quality
    Dog Harnesses, Dog Carting Harnesses, Dog Weight Pulling Harnesses, Dog Tracking Harnesses
    weight pulling harnesses - Google Search

[/FONT]

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I just got one from stillwater hocked it up to bossman and it does the job and im happy with it.

3. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

www.weightpullharness.com

Missy Villines makes the best harnesses you can buy, for very reasonable prices.
    You can't judge anything about a harness's fit w/out weight behind it.
    Most important is the fit around the neck and shoulders. Many harnesses ride up too high, especially as weight increases, and start putting pressure on the dog's airway. The rest of the harness should sit in front of the dog's shoulders, not slip back onto them. I like the harnesses with the foam wrapped neck, but that's not vital. As the dog pulls, the harness should allow the dog to get low, not hoist him upwards, and it shouldn't twist around.The spreader bar shouldn't be so close that the dog's legs bump it, and the chest straps shouldn't sit so low that they dig under and into the dog's ribcage.
    Making a harness is more of an art than I think most people realize. A badly fitted harness may make pulling uncomfortable, and keep your dog from pulling with correct form.

4. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see my dog's harness allows her a full range of movement, distributes the weight evenly, and leaves her airway clear.

5. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

I second everything Leslie just said. I have a harness from Missy Villines and they are top quality.

6. Lucy Loo

Lucy Loo Pup

Beautiful dog, Leslie!!!

7. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

Thank you, she's a lot of fun.

8. Sydney

Sydney Big Dog

How dramatic! I love her :)

Her are a couple of Arson in his BDD harness, by Missy Villines...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. miss pit

miss pit Pup

Determined looking bitch leslie H very nice

10. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

how much are her harnesses?

11. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

The harnesses are priced based on the weight of your dog. The average price of a custom harness is $60 + priority shipping.

Missy
    BDD