1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight pulling equipment

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Big Papa, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

does any 1 know any1 that sells any weight pull equipment like a cart or wagon

2. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

so any suggestions????

3. pm me we,ll talk weight pulling.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

5. jessiepbg

jessiepbg Big Dog

I'm also looking to start weight pulling with one of the humane society dogs. Would it be possible to make your own cart? I'm not sure how much she'd be able to pull, but I think she'd enjoy helping to carry the 75lb food bags from the office to the kennels. I can't carry much personally, and I know she's strong enough to take a 160lb person airborne when she gets excited. So would it be possible to make your own cart or is this not a good idea?

6. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

7. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

looks good but dang those are off the hook way too much i just need a simple cart form like a store just for practice

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

That's what we practice on sometimes. (That and a drag sled.) It works as well as anything else, not to mention it can be useful off the track. Attached some old pics of Loki hooked up to her practice cart from Home Depot.

Attached Files:

9. BAU

BAU Pup

Get the drag sled if your just starting out. It will develop his form better and it will save your pocket book a little.

10. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

um...ok...i think im going to use the snow sleds first

11. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

Im interested in gettin my lil guy in weight pulling too, just a thought, im thinking about just getting a a food cart for practice, from a food store, they are all around my neigboorhood lol.

12. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

that thing will freak your dog up

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home Made, just add 5, 10, 25lb. weights

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  14. tablerock

tablerock Pup