1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

weight pull training

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by bullydachs, Aug 27, 2006.

1. I want to train my dog for weight pull. He is only 12 weeks right now. I know that his competes in pulls. I dont know anything about it! Does anyone have any advice on training or local shows? Im in OKC. Thanks

2. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

Hey bully. Pm me

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

There's an ADBA club in OKC called the 89ers APBT club. We've got one in Tulsa called the Green Country APBT club. You're in a good spot for ADBA pulling, and if you're interested in UKC pulling, they hold pulls in Texas. I wouldn't worry about starting any pull training just yet. When your pup is closer to a year, you can get him sized for a harness and start doing some training with him on getting used to the noise and feel of a drag. There's a good article about weight pull training here:

http://apbt.info/tiki-index.php?page=Weight+Pull+Training

Good luck with everything.