1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight-Pull Harness

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by coolhandjean, Nov 10, 2007.

1. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I don't know if this is as close kept a secret as Mill building...But anyone have instructions on how to make a harness? or is that one of those, keep it a secret things?...
    I'm not the greatest sewer in the world, but I thought it would be interesting to see how it's done or to even attempt it...
    So, if you are willing to tell me that's fine. If you aren't, that's fine as well. :)

2. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

If someone does give you some instructions. You can send your first completed one to me.:D

3. Well, while I have no idea how to make one, I do know that we ordered one from Stillwater and it is great, nicely fit, and very durable! As always! ;)

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, once I get a job, I will probably get one from either Stillwater or cdpits.

5. I gotcha......know what ya mean!

6. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I use to do a lot of sewing making horse blankets, saddle pads, dog coats, dog/cat beds, ferrett hammocks, etc...am actually planning on opening an online store for it all once life settles a little bit. I'll probably just buy one when I'm not so poor and catch up on bills ;-)

7. M Joubert

M Joubert Pup

I found a place in my state that makes a basic pulling harness for about twenty-five dollars. Infact I'm getting their measurement chart tonight so I can order one. I plan on using this harness for training. I won't recommend the company just yet, cause I haven't used their product yet. just letting you all know that other sources are available at really affordable prices. This company usaully deals with sled dog equipement.

8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Cool...Well, try it out, and let us know. :)...
    Yeah, mine won't be for competitive reasons. I just plan on having my boyfriend weld a little sled, and let the dogs pull it as another form of exercise...(Note: I will still be walking my dogs. It's not a replacement, but this would be an addition to keep fit)

9. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

southerndixiepitskennels.comthey make all of mine, very good quality, and it won't take you a year to get. They offer basic or fully customized models

10. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

I think it might end up being more expensive for you to make one than it would be to buy one. Usually the material will cost you more, not to mention your time. The people who make em buy the material in bulk so they can usually offer it for cheaper than you can make it.