1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Pull dogs in South Africa

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by budgee, Jun 18, 2005.

1. budgee

budgee Pup

I am interested in how much weight the dogs in the USA are pulling compared to the dogs in south africa

We have a couoke of dogs here pulling between 5 and 5.5 tons
    Is this good or bad?

www.pbfsa.co.za

2. petri

petri Pup

is it on rails?? we got an ambull ho pull 2.3 ton here in sweden but that is on rails.
    so if u pull 5 ton it is very good i think.
    petri.
    www.swba.net

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I have never been into weight pulling dogs so dont take my ignorance regarding them as fact...but I heard of a dog named Red Chevy that could pull like 15000lbs on rails for just working weight...that wasnt his max weight.....he was huge though I think like 105lbs ..I dont know how true this is but thats like 7.5 tons...

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I saw Chevy pull on TV once....I believe he was 95lbs and he pulled 5000 lbs on a wheeled cart in dirt....

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Imagine if it were on rails JEEZ...

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

nice looking dog to....stuck in my mind because the owner stood behind him instead of in front for the pull.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

He loved to pull, I only saw him in person once, but he wasnt pulling, he was a beast, and a pullin machine, I even heard once from the owner ...He ran across a guy who was stuck in the mud off the road by a creek and he couldnt pull him out with his car, so he tied Chevy up to it and he promptly pulled the guys Full Size Dodge Van out of the ditch and mud, I guess the guy was a amazed. I would be. Dodge Vans weighed more than Chevy or Ford Vans too, Heavier frames, more respectable for a dog to pull out of the mud...lol.

8. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

anyone have link to pics of him or anything????? i would like to see a dog pulling 15000, thats incredible

9. LOCKMOUTH

LOCKMOUTH Pup

10. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Thats one big dog.Sure he had no problem pulling that weight.

11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

12. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

So Theres a couple of 5 tonners for ya there too, So Id say your dogs are doing good, you should come here and compete if they are really pulling that much. You might win a trophy.

13. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Whats the weight pulled to weight ratio.....to me thats more impressive than overall weight pulled.

15. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Lets just say Chevy weighed 105, instead of 106 and pulled 11500, that is a ratio equal to every pound of his body pulling 109.5lbs. 1lb:109.5lbs... Thats amazing.

16. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Amazing What These D0gs Are Capable Of Pulling. Is There A Record For Most Weight Pulled That You Guys Might Know Of?

17. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

We've been pulling dogs for almost 20yrs now....the most weight we have ever saw pulled was in Muskogee Ok, a dog named Eddingtons' IKanPullMore weighed in around 86lbs and pulled just over 11,500lbs on rails. That was in the mid 90's.
    Now we have also seen 35lbers (Wilhe, Kanshee) pull OVER 230+ x's their bodyweight at Nats in Tennessee.:)

18. budgee

budgee Pup

Back from South Africa with Love

Cool i found my weight converter cause we use kilograms this side of the world
    Our dogs weigh in between 74 and 80 pounds (34 to 38kg)
    Pulling about 12125.42 pounds which is about 5.5 tons (current record)

Yes we are pulling on rails, in fact we use rails to weight the trolley/cart

Dogs pulling about 5.5 tons are baited:p
    "GOOD" Command pulling dogs average between 9920.8 and 11023 pounds

We have 1 year old female that pulled 9920.8 last month
    Males from our bloodline pull around 8818.49 pounds at 6 months

Most of the people bait their dogs(good or bad?):D
    The South African championships are on the 3rd of September so should be impressive as all the guys are training their dogz
    Will keep you guyz posted

have a look at www.pbfsa.co.za

How do we compare?

How do i post pics and media clips so i can show you guys?

19. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

8818.49 pounds at 6 months?????WTF u know u could really mess up a pup doin that