1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight loss

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Defend2DaEnd, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I moved out of my dad's house and had to leave my Pit mix, Halo, behind. They fed her everything they ate and now she is VERY overweight. Which is rather sad because I had her well conditioned. I used to go rollerblading with her. I was wondering how I could get all this weight off her. I'll post pics if someone asks but she hardly looks like the same dog. She is already on diet food. What else can I do?

2. coyrobert

coyrobert Big Dog

if it was mine i would only feed at the most twice a day, no table scraps treat nothing except high quality food, and work outs every day, build her back up by walkin her maybe a little over a mile then move up, work her the way you see fit but that what i would do

3. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

She doesn't want to walk around the block, lol. I have been trying to run her but all I get is to drag a dog. She only eats once a day...... I'm gonna keep walking her. Maybe she'll lose a lot more weight when we move into the house with the fenced yard.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

make her work to eat ;) Take her for a walk , wait about 1/2 an hour then feed her.. since she likes to eat, make the food the reward for going for a walk..

just a suggustion.

And since she's so over weight, i wouldnt be running her..just walking..until she's back to a normal weight..

5. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

She has developed a limp... So I am going to let her take it easy. I'm not going on walks with her til she is walking normal. I gave her a massage she twisted a muscle, it's a little swollen. I think it was when she took off after that cat and I pulled back on the leash she spinned and I fell.