1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight and performance.

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ChevyTech, Jun 6, 2006.

1. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I read stuff like this, and I flat out don't believe it. WHY? Because there is enough money at stake that if this line of reasoning were true then you would be seeing 100.lb.+ Champions and GrandChampions. With Pitbulls Catch weight starts at around 55lbs. historically. If huge dogs had a great advantage you'd hear about them. But you don't. Plumbers Alligator, Mayday are about the biggest dogs you hear about. Again, if the big dogs had that kind of advantage, everyone would know it. ( and those dogs were not near 100lbs.)

All I ever read is some fourth hand account from some place around the world.

2. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Or would it be more like an epic showdown between Mike Tyson vs. Butterbean?

I am not sure whether videotapes of a match from Absurdistan or wherever help or undermine the "bigger is better" theory. It's not as if the big shepherd dog was exactly going up against the best that the APBT has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  3. Chato99

Chato99 Pup

4. I think the question should be why are there by far more small good pitdogs then big good pitdogs out there?If you search for deep game dogs and if you sucessfull with this you find (in most cases)small red,brindle or yellow dogs.Thats a fact.I have my own theory with this theme....i think the reason for this is old....very old.It is my strong believe that our Bulldogs have another origin, another roots then other curs.The origin of dogs is the grey wolve(canis lupus lupus). I think the origin of our Bulldogs is the indian wolve (canis lupus pallipes). This wolve is a small wolve and he is called the RED wolve.....red ,brindle (wildcolor) and yellow run strong in this small wolve.But the most important point about this is that the indians(and persians) used from the beginning of domestication just 1 genetic task.......you know wich.That means when this little red dogs came from india to UK (between the 9 and 11 centurie) they had still 15000 years(from the beginning of domestication.....) PERFORMANCE as a background.Tatswhy they were in the middle age better lionfighters then all the big mastiffs.And thatswhy they wiped ceasars mastiffs in rom.Ok its just a theory.....but i would like to prove it with a gene test!