1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

week two conditioning update

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bxpits, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Drying a dog out in mid keep!!!!!!!!! this one needed to go in another direction. I just hope Eliezer pride is still intact and he is able to learn from this.

2. real_one

real_one Big Dog

3. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Thanks woody...Your ok in my book woody

4. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

I dont know if i'm as cool as him...He's the Real One and thats hard to contend with lol

5. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

my pride is still here and i dont feel i got schooled.
    i guess i need more friends here too :D
    my intentions were never to come here to fight as its better to fight in person
    than behind a computer thats why i ended it there.

good luck

6. Well to the topic at hand. That dog is in the very preliminary stages of conditioning. What you are seeing under the skin is NOT water. It IS a layer of fat. From the looks of it you have many more weeks of conditioning ahead to achieve a truly conditioned dog. Short cuts such as cutting food or water is for amateurs who don't know jack about truly conditioning a dog. That statement is NOT directed at you. It is just a statement in general. As far as the drying out goes. Be careful. ESPECIALLY if traveling with the dog to the event. It's easy to get one too dry if you don't know the dog very well.

7. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

thanks boogieman no short cuts here, she still got some time show is in another month and some days.

8. real_one

real_one Big Dog

I will be at the Iowa show would love to see you there:)

9. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I guess you guys can compare dogs and see who really knows what they are talking about. Noone would have to say a word.

10. preme

preme CH Dog

its okay to pick up game when you know you ve been schooled happens to the best learn from it.

11. LOL I think my work speaks for itself when I bring one out. :)

12. teras

teras Big Dog

i dont know how many ways there are to dry out a dog cause opposite to most ppl here i am a noob.

having said that, all stuff i have been reading on keeps etc all stress the importance of always having a full bowl of fresh water throughout the keep.

in some occations i've read of adding a little bit of salt to the dogs food to ensure the dog is holding enough water.

you seem to be going the other way round for some reason. could you please explain a bit more on the program you got?

take care