1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

water and workout

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by flame, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i havent even been givin my dogs rubs after they excercise.
    but

i heard it wasnt good to let them drink DURING theyre workout, but to let them drink all they want after!?!? and to definately not feed them for atleast 45 min after workout.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i think that the optimal time to feed is 20-25 minutes after but you want to feed within an hour of the workout

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

look you only need the water with you . if your out in the middle of no where and the dog starts to have a stroke you can give them water . if they are fine you don't need any water . but if you don't have any with you and a stroke comes on then you will have a dead dog . it will happen on humid days when it is hot . if the dog is in good shape most likey it will never happen . and i've seen friends that were milling there dog that was not in shape and the dog started having a heat stroke . the brain gets hot and if you can 't cool them down fast your in big trouble . you have to put water on there head to cool the brain down quite .

4. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

I always wait for the painting to coll down before they have some water. Under training a little squrt from a bottle or a hose.

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

painting is ok but it's when the tongue turns up then out like a cobra . and you here a strange sound coming from the throat . then they will stumble . that is when their to hot and a stroke is close .

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

So if not pedialyte what about products like go-dog? I use pedialyte currently

7. Yas

Yas Big Dog

I wouldn't give pedialyte, can't see how they would lose electrolytes if they're not sweating and are fed well and hydrated, unless they lose them in their breath when panting I don't know about it.