1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Watch your dogs!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dreamer, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

With the very dangerous heat/humidity settling in over the northeast, please watch your dogs extra carefully! The young, old and sick may not be able to handle it -- be prepared to bring them in to AC. Even the healthy grow weary of dealing with it for an extended period of time....

Every time this kind of thing happens, we hear of dogs dying in the heat, which I find inexcusable; so, I just wanted to remind everyone....

Dreamer

2. i just spray my dogs with water to relieve them from the heat...

3. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Hosing them down doesn't KEEP them cool though... Unless you go out ever hour or so and wet them down.. Good shade and access to water at all times are a must. If you've got dogs who will actually get in water, a cheap baby pool is a good way to keep cool - until they tear it up...

4. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

My friend lost his best male last summer in the Ga heat.

5. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

good looking out Dreamer as i live in ga and yes the heat is a mutha down here, my dogs get plenty of shade a plenty fresh cool water , Sorry to hear bout your friends dog kuntry

6. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

yea it is hot in ga, sucked about his loss thanks. :dogdrink:

7. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

howd he manage that? it wasnt even hot down here last year.

8. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

My bad it was 2006, time flies.

9. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

where I reside, at this very moment our summer temps are only in the 60s and we won't reach the 80s until late august-october but that's good of you to spread the concern.

10. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

was gonna say lol cause i think it hit 89 like once last year.. :p

11. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Man I am near the coast n Sav and it gets hot as fuk, heat index of 110-112 sometimes:eek:

12. South GA is going to be UGLY the next few days!

13. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Last summer my friend lost his best male because a long stick got into the chain and prevented the dog from getting to his shade and water bucket. He was bad about turning his bucket over too. All day long in the sun. He died.
    It can happen to anyone.
    Gotta remember to rake those chain spots well and keep debris out of the spots. PEACE.

14. edgarjme

edgarjme Pup

I live in Yuma Az. And right now we reach temps. As high as 115 degrees it is ridiculous how many dogs die in the summer heat here

15. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Just another summer in the Gunshine state.

16. popper

popper CH Dog

Try Louisiana 's heat and humidity.... our murder rate in new orleasns spikes every summer due to the heat ... everyone is pissed off... btw , that has to be a horrible way to die , to bake out in the sun.... kiddie pool if dogs get in water