1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

wanted Don Mayfield videos

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by korn27870, May 30, 2011.

1. korn27870

korn27870 Pup

looking the old Mayfield videos. i need 1,2,8,9,10,12 and 13 . willing to buy or do some trading . thanks billy

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Do a search on here. You might get lucky.

3. Roche

Roche Big Dog

What kinda videos do you have? My pal has got a vid of mayfield conditioning a dog

4. korn27870

korn27870 Pup

he come out with a line of videos i guess the early 90s maybe late 80s mostly him talking about breeding and conditioning on the ones i have . they are about 2 hours long each one and i was told they come in a set of 13 (not sure ) . the ones i have he is sitting in a room full of trophys and pics just talking bulldogs. im just looking for the rest of the set .

5. who

who Top Dog

Yeah I don't think there is a 13 anymore. When I got my videos he said his original was to bad a shape to record. But I just think he had stuff on it that he didn't want others to hear. I used to have the videos my friend I'm sorry. I'll talk to danny and see if he still has good copies. But you better be ready to pay. But the videos really are just reference. Not so much of a factual guide. I pretty much memorized them. Lol but like I said your not missing much

6. korn27870

korn27870 Pup

the ones i do have are just copied to dvd, i just thought they pretty good historical stuff. most everything i have seen on them are so out of date now wouldn't do anyone any real good . still pretty good to hear things the oldtimers went thru like making there on food for 70 or 80 dogs or more. how many would have dogs today if the had to make there on food once every couple of weeks ?

7. LivewireT

LivewireT Big Dog

let me know if ya find em

8. general

general Big Dog

had them video years ago, seen/ had the first 14 videos, those that saw the video 14, will remember he starts off saying this is video 13 and then corrects himself saying its video number 14, good man to tell a story, r.i.p.

9. korn27870

korn27870 Pup

bump still looking !!!!

10. Have you tried his grandson? If you have no luck with him, shoot me a message and we'll see what we can do.

That video of Mayfield conditioning a dog... what's that all about?

11. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

hey korn if you find anything let me know, Iam interested as well.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

you can get the mo carver dvd & it has interviews with don & his yard tour when he was picking up dogs from carver.

13. Ok well I have just about the whole set from numbers 1-21 except for number 19 which was "borrowed" a few years back and never returned. I even have the infamous numberrrrrrrr 13 with the ghostly missing 5 or 6 minutes at the begining lol. It's just some video of Rod when he got his first dogs is all, no secret or anything like that lol.
    In fact, from number 17 on they are all of Rod's yard which is the reason I never got the last 3 or 4 cuz I already knew all that.

The thing about it is this, first of all I live in South America so there will be some shipping involved. Second, when I got these videos years ago I had them converted to the system that is used here which is Pal-N (you use NTSC) so I will have to have them re-converted to your system. Third, I do not want to take anything from Don's family so I would urge you to first try and contact Justin and if after you have tried everything if you still can't get them then I will offer to duplicate them and sell them for what it costs me to duplicate them plus the shipping. But it would be better for all if you could get them from Justin.

It's been a long time since I watched those videos, they are put away in boxes. But if my memory serves me right the way they are structured is:

Video's 1-4 deal with the history of the breed.
    Video's 5-7 deal with conditioning and diet.
    The rest have a mixture of many things such as the story behind some of the famous dogs and their matches with pictures.
    I don't remember if it was in one or two of the videos that Weldon Stockton visits Don and they talk for a bit on video about Weldon's dogs and some of the matches.
    A few of the videos include some audio conversations with various dogmen of the era including Earl Tudor.
    In video 17, there is a tour of Carver's old yard from when he still had those Dibo dogs (cracker, lasso, outlaw, lucky...etc. even the Colby Rusty dog), a little of Bud Womack's yard is on there too and even some video of nigger, gomer and pit general playing around with Don.

They take some getting used to, Don had a very special way of speaking but once you understand him they are full of valuable knowledge about the breed. And just so you are not confused or misled, there is absolutely NO dogfighting in any of these videos. There are some pictures taken during matches but that is as close as you will get to a dogfight. So if what you are looking for is video of matches, this is not for you. Also, Don was a dogfighter not a hollywood producer so don't expect some professional film, it's just Don speaking to you through the camera.

14. korn27870

korn27870 Pup

i have seen and own a bunch of them , i have 1-7 and 11 and i think 19 so i know the ins and outs of them . i just find it fascinating the thing men use to do to own dogs and how hard it was to maintain a yard of dogs . i also like to here the old stories etc about the dogs and the times then . i will pm you my contact number if you could pass it on to justin i would be in your debt. i dont want them to sale i just think is a peace of history . to me there kinda like the bobby hall books they are more about history than information. thank you so much for your help and i will try and get in touch with justin. thanks billy

15. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I would like to see these.I do not know how to contact Justin.