1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Walk around the lake today

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by marshall619, Mar 18, 2007.

1. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

My niece & I took our usual walk around a lake with Marshall today, but decided to take a different route. The lake we walk around branches into few different trails where people run, walk, bike, etc. & some trails may end up along backyards of some homes. To make the long story short, we came across a couple homes (side by side) one yard had one blue bully & the other had 2 pitbulls. These dogs were LOOSE in their yards, but confined only by a 6 ft chain link fence. The 2 backyards were separated by a 6 ft wood fence. The trail that we walked was 40 ft from the chain link backyard fences. We just ran passed the houses once we seen them running back & forth in their yards barking. Scared me to death, remember I was with my 8 year old niece. From the looks of it though, one of those dogs are going to escape one day either into the other yard or out in the public & what, another pitbull attack? We know these dogs are escape artists, but why do we still see dogs confined this way? Tethering laws?
    I guess it all boils down to the irresponsible dog owners.:mad:

Mel

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Tethering laws....they are springing up every where. wether you are pro or con. These animals are not average pet. Iressponsible maybe? Educated,obviously not.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I think this proves a good point about "invisible" fences, even with a regular fence. They might of had enough juice under the ground to zap a horse, but even to a fellow APBT owner-it looks bad.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

those anti teather laws are damn stupid. I reckon they have that in Little Rock.

Then they want to bitch about your dogs getting out of conventional barriers.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

the pet owner better get in check!

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

There are a lot of people who don't tether even when they aren't prohibited from doing it. It honestly never occurs to them that the dog could get out of the yard. There are these folks in the area that keep their dogs in a 4-foot fence around their front yard. One time I walked by and it was a fawn "pit-type" bitch and a dog that looked like a Rottie mix. Last time it was two pit-type dogs, male and female. The dogs put up a big threat display when I walk by with Loki, so I don't walk by there anymore. Just not worth the risk.

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I rode by someone's house last week, just about two blocks from my house, and a male pit was in the yard cantained only by a four foot fence. As I rode by, the dog leaped up on the fence and was half-way over, all he had to do was jump a little and he would have been out. A lady was washing her car the next house over and seemed a bit unnerved by the dog. I thought that was totally wrong, four feet?

8. simms

simms CH Dog

It's dangerous not only for the public but for the animal. Peapole wonder why thier animals walk off so easy.

9. A 4 chain link fence can't stop my 14 pound terrier from getting over let alone any large dog who wants to mate or wander. There should be containment laws and the most basic piece of it should be double guarding, at bare minimum, i.e. fence w/ tether or tether w/ invisible fence ect ect.

10. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Quarter, IMO, we don't need more one-size-fits-all laws. We need to address situations individually. I've got a 4-foot fence around my backyard. I've also got a well-trained dog that doesn't go out unsupervised and comes back inside when she's done. There would be no sense whatsoever in requiring me to put up anything extra, or put her on her tie-out for a 5-minute potty break. A problem situation is easy to spot, and those are the kind that need to be dealt with.

11. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

well put, my boy will go out and come back in aswell so if some cop with a "john wayne" poise and a bad attitude showed up at my place to give me a ticket or something of that nature over my dog going out side for his "potty" break id be one pissed off dude so i have to agree with you for sure ... behind every bad dog is a bad owner in my opinion ... so leave me alone!!!