1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Viper Kennels Inc.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Attila, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Attila

Attila Guest

It has been brought to my attention that some one in Virginia is operating using my Kennel name of Viper Kennels. I am not really sure what I should do about it. But here is how it is. My Kennel was established in 1976 as Viper Kennels. I incorporated a few years back. I don't know who this young man is but he has a web site. At the moment I am highly pissed off. Highly, extremely pissed off. My kennel is even Registered and copywrited. WTF. I am madder than a bucket full of red wasps. I have a notion to drive to Virginia and peel the flesh from this kids body. Low down rat. Trying to ride on my name. Who do we have in Virginia. Who has a stable mind enough to let this kid know before I call a lawyer.

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Why don't you cool down and take a breather. Contact him through his site first? Viper is a common, cool name, maybe he has no clue you exist. It could be a completely, honest mistake. Let him know he has your name, that you are copyrighted, registered, blah, blah, nice a calm like and if that doesn't work ( it should ) then do your lawyer thing.

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Oh ok. I will try but I am boiling mad. Right on the brink of insane mad. I just whants to pokeses hises eyeses out. The bad thing about it is I went to his site and he is a cocky sort. The kind that make me want to shred in a trash compacter. Ahhhrrr. I hate cocky little punks.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Okay, scary. Maybe I should do a search for Gravity kennels and make sure there isn't one already in existence before I get too comfortable using it. (hides.)

5. Attila

Attila Guest

Yes at least register your kennel. But that doesn't assure some one wont infringe on you obviously.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I guess I would do that through the ADBA? (And they'll probably want money, too.) I'm wondering if it would be worth it since right now there are no breeding plans or anything of the sort. Something to think about though, I guess. I'd really be curious if the UKC has a similar breeder reg program.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

Yes they all are about the same some less some more. I would suggest it.

8. CB

CB CH Dog

Chill out man. Im sure there are ALOT more kennels that has the name Viper Kennel. Its not like they ment to do that im sure.

9. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

Whatch out man viper kennels is a well respected gamedog kennel. I would be carefull about what u say, no offence u may hve had the name sence 1976 but peeps know who he is . And he is putting out good stuff.

10. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

sorry for the douple post.

11. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah if its the same kennel im thinking of there pretty respected with some good dogs. So i wouldnt go starting some shit with them lol. Just an opinion.

12. Attila

Attila Guest

People know who I am also. However I have been putting out great stuff from before his birth. Some may know him but I don't want his dogs being confused with mine or him tarnishing my name if he slips up with something legally. I want people to know the difference between what he has an me. Do you know the difference? Well respected. No shit it is a respected name. I made it that way. I have dogs all over the world. This isn't making me calmer. And what the hell does peeps mean?

13. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

No offense but name some dogs you have produced so we know the diff, again know offence.

14. Attila

Attila Guest

CB,

Now which kennel do you know? I am not worried about shit. I want people to know that he is not me and not in any way part of my kennel. Not now not ever. He isn't old enough to have broken my ground. I hear your oppinion. I take note of it. I emailed him he can reply. Depending on how he wants to handle the situation is how I well respond to him about it. I wouldn't give it a second thought if it were not the same breed. I would hope you understand that fact. There will have to be a distinction between his kennel and mine even if we have to add of VA or AR I don't care. Up untill this point I had wondered why some one asked me a year ago about a dog of mine I never heard of. Mine is Incorporated and has several smaller kennels under it. I would be glad to work out a distinction of names. We can't both be registering as Viper's dog this or that. Or having the same kennel name. He can be Viper Kennels of VA for all I care. However I wan't people to know I am not he and he is not me. Maybe I sould be flattered and not angry. It is a matter of principle. Do you own a Kennel? Tell me CB how would you look at it and handle it? And be honest.

15. CB

CB CH Dog

If i were in your shoe's i would change the name of my kennel if it bothered me that much. "Viper" kennel is such a easy name to pick out for a kennel. I would go for a name that would be harder for someone else to take. But you had the name for over 20 years so i would just ask the guy if he would kindly change his name which i really doubt he would but if he didnt i would just change my name. I dont own a kennel and dont plan on owning one until i am satisfied with the dogs i have on my yard. I would take it down a notch man i dont think this guy/kid went and took to the name to piss you off like i said its such a easy name to copy. Hope you and him work it out but dont loose sleep over this lol.

16. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

http://www.viperkennels.com/index.htm

17. Attila

Attila Guest

No offence taken. Where up north are you? I started out in Northern Michigan. I have books of dogs produced catigorized by years in boxes. Now over the years I have used both my last name and my kennel name. Some of the dogs are of the other kennels I own. Remember I don't have just one breed going. However I only have two breeds in my kennel here in Arkansas Two other breeds in Michigan and one in Hungary. If you wish to see my dogs here look in my gallery. If you want to know my dogs history and lines produced Contact DPBBA and RT may just send you a copy of a long list of names. I doubt that the other Kennel clubs will be so kind as he. They are a pain enough for me to deal with. There is a diffinant difference in his and my dogs his are all buckskin and mine are not buckskin not a single one. Blacks, Brindles, and Reds yes no Buckskins. I suppose that will line out some of the confussion. Of what is from my kennel and his.
    Vipper Kennels Inc.
    Gretchen Dob June 04 Ch
    Nightshade Dob June 04 littermate to Ch Gretchen
    Ebony GrCh APBT
    Buddy GrCh APBT
    Kutya EurGrCh APBT
    Baloo Eur2XCh Bull Mastiff
    Fekete Eur 3XCh Bull Mastiff
    Neni Eur Ch Plott Hound
    I have a long list of Plotts, Black and Tans and Beagles but you can get the gist. Not all my dogs here now have shown or won as they are young. We shall see what my next generation brings. I did what I could where I was stationed at the time. I retired this year so I am back at it. I have droped some clubs and gained some. I am back up to 14 dogs. I don't know if I will go larger yet or not. I have nothing but time now.
    Eur is Europe There is a long span where I didn't do squat with my dogs as I was away in combat very often. I hired help but not any handlers to show or otherwise compete my dogs.

18. Attila

Attila Guest

Yup seen his site It is actually quite nice.

I am calmer now. I think you are right CB I am not going to change my name. I will try to let it not bother me. I will leave it as Inc. And that can be the difference. It wont cause a problem I suppose as long as his Kennel name is on his papers and mine on mine. If we are both registering dogs as Viper's Sadie or what ever that could get confusing. Changing a name isn't as easy as just writing another name down though. I have a DBA and a tax code number for mine. And is also registered with the states that I own kennels in. Too much hassle for me.

19. Okye

Okye Pup

I live in VA and I know of a viper kennel but they are not the same. The one I know has fastlane dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  20. Attila

Attila Guest

Okye,

Thanks. I reckon CB is correct there may be many using the name. I suppose it goes to who established first. I give the boy credit he has what looks to be some fine dogs. That may or may not equile mine. I see his are from champions but I couldn't tell if he had any champions on his yard. I only at this point want a distinction between the young feller and me. I don't care if he puts Viginia Viper kennels or viper kennels of VA that way we have no confussion to our clients. It would save us both some time with answering questions out of left field. I have got asked not long ago about a dog and untill I saw his site yesturday I didn't have a friggen clue where the person got the idea I had a dog by that name or color. Could have been a potential client for him. I didn't have that dog so I couldn't give him any info on it that may have been money lost for the young feller. I don't know. I don't deal with out siders and my clientell is closed net. and close friends. However researching dogs at some point is going to get hard to figure out which is his and which is mine at some point. If we ever pick the same name out of the hat there could be two Viper's Mable or what ever. I am willing to work with the feller to come to a solution. I can't see me changing a name my grandfather started before I took it over in 1976 I know he started his in the late 40's. Same name. I inherited it from him and the dogs of my other grandfathers kennel when he died he had C.N. Davis Kennels wich is incorporated under mine. they are both mine but The davis one is up in Michigan and my best friend and a cousin of mine run it for me. Hound dogs.

I don't know the feller in va with the kennel It wasn't long ago that I incorporated the seperat kennels under one name to save me time with the tax lady. Not that I don't mind being with her.lol. She is pretty. When it is all said and done the kennel has been in operation for over 60 years and the Davis one for 76 years. I basically keep them rolling as tribute to both my grandpa's And me. And if I ever have kids which isn't very likely as I got screwed out of that by a cheating wife. I recon I will pass it on to a kid or one of my families kids. I would have to split them back apart to give them to the proper sides of the families. I am not changing my name. I may add that I am Arkansas Viper Kennels Inc. Next tax season if he will go with Virginia Viper Kennels. Or some other distinction.