1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

vinegar

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thedude04, Mar 29, 2006.

1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i was reading some where that red apple vinger had some benfits for dogs now im not sure if thats true or not so if any one can help clear it up for me that would be great as fare as benfits go if any

2. I use apple cider vinager from time to time. Its good as a topical for minor skin rashes or hotspots, especially in puppies. I also use it every now and again after bathing my dogs. I drop it in their ears to prevent ear infections and to keep little buggers away from that area.

In the summer, with the humidity as bad as it is here, I try to keep all flying insects (fleas, flies, ticks) away from my dogs by making little frozen balls with hamburger, apple cider vinager, chopped garlic, and unflavored gelatin. it definitely keeps the bugs away, yet doesn't make the dog smell bad to me.

Think about it like this...if a dog is acidic in smell and tast on the inside and outside, little critters wont want to use that animal as its host. This MIGHT work for worms too, but I'm not too sure with that one

if you use ACV as a topical, expect your dog to smell like a pasta salad...its not too pleasent! :)

Hope this helps some

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2006
  3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

apple cider vinegar takes the game taste out befor you cook them.

j/k
    :P

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hey Iverson. What's your recipe for the burger balls? My dogs might like it better than what I give em. They eat it, but always looking for other ideas.;)

5. there's no real science to it...but i'd have to say the ratio is about 4 lbs hamburger, two whole cloves of garlic, 1-1.5 cup ACV, and 5 packets of unflavored gelatin. i haven't made them since 2 summers ago, i was deployed last summer, so i'll make a batch and get a better measurement. too much ACV and the dogs might reject it, that's why i use the hamburger...they usually go nuts over it.

6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

OK Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can come up with.

7. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i was reading on another forum that i was buming around not a very good one but a person said that they dont give there dogs water for two days but instead the give it the apple vinger it did make much sense to me but i reall dont know what the benfites of it

8. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Your suppose to put a little in their water to help gaurd off fleas. Most dogs don't like the taste of it though. I guess they make them do without water so they have to drink it, but that's just wrong.

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I made some burger-balls last night and they, the dogs, really liked them. I only gave them two. Think I'll do that every other day.

10. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

ya i think im going to start makeing them too thanx iversion

11. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Apple cider vinegar, when put into drinking water, acts as a detox for the system.

Some give it in a certain amount of teaspoons per day.

Even better for dogs who live inside with smokers ;)

12. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

so it just flushes all the crap out so to speack

13. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Yea, and they tire less easy... some people drink it themselves. ICK!

14. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I know old folks that take like 2 spoons a day. If you look on the internet, it has a lot of health properties. Really good for ya.

15. Your welcome. Glad I could help in some small way :) What measurements did you end up using???