1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vick update.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by simms, Feb 22, 2009.

1. preme

preme CH Dog

how do you cull me i give them to close friends that understands my rules....the ones that dont work out for me..

2. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

To me this case was bullshit
    I say cull and cull hard
    he didnt let the dogs run free to cause more trouble
    he didnt give the dogs to people so they can be bread and produce more cull worthy dogs
    I SAY GIVE HIM HIS JOB AND HIS DOGS

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

have you been under a rock...seriously?
    do you even know how he "culled" his dogs?
    whether you chose to see it or not- there is a right and wrong way to cull an animal, and vick was nowhere near the right way.
    first would be s/n and/or place into a known home ( this has been going on for over 100years)
    after that you have extermination- and picking a dog up and repeatedly smashing it against the ground is not how you do it.
    the thing that kills me is everyone likes to talk the talk... "cull and cull hard", "close the circle", "petbullers ruin it" and every other cliche they have heard-repeat it over and overto try and make themselves seem credible- yet these simple folks will never ever hold a candle to the heart even the most rank cur, flat out quitter has. and how do you repay the dog that gave everything it had, even though it came up short, everything it had for you? you bludgeon it to death instead of giving it the peace it deserves. bullshit. that is not culling, thats cowardess. that is a man who takes his own shortcomings out against the dogs that work for HIM.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

Easy now... That is part of what got this breed in this mess. This isn't pre 76, these folks actualy think they have a entitlement to these curs.

But I guess that's where you and I will differ.

Close the circles!

5. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Pup

these people are crazy s/n what is that gonna do you still have this under par dog,that now is less than a dog
    rehome and continue to produce these under par dogs

Look I met a fella at work and we became cool
    so one day he asked me to come by and see his rescue dog
    he had her in a camper trailor and it sounded like a hurricane inside there
    so he introduced me
    and she was straight for a while
    bout two three months after haveing her she had tried to attack several people
    nobody ever aggitated the animal ounce she had came
    but she had problems so she had to go
    this dog was spayed/and a rescue=a deadly combination

6. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

Those dogs don't belong in the public's hand weather it be s/n or any other form.

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

the ignorance in that statement is astounding

but alas you are missing the point-were talking about the vick case and how he "took care of" underperforming prospects.
    what im saying is that it used to be common practice to farm out underperformers, dogs that might get another look would go to someones home to live until then. they werent pumping out puppies with these dogs- its a far cry from the majority of the "breeders" (and i used that term VERY loosely) we have today, every asshat with a dog has to have a "kennel name".
    as far as the distate you may have for the whole rescue thing-look at it this way, if people would do the dogs RIGHT there would be no need for the rescue folks. but you get douchebags dumping dogs in garbage bags, an inch from death. these rescue folks nuture the dogs back to health and they are some of the most voacal opponenets to BSL you will ever find. not all are like this obviously- there are plenty of nutjobs in rescue, but aslong are there are people like vick there will be the rescuers coming and cleaning up after them. they show the dogs in a possitive light and it certainly helps alot more than the idiot who cant/wont take keep their dog under control, film at 11.

as far as these dogs not belonging in the hands of the public- i gotta ask- how did YOU get a dog?

8. simms

simms CH Dog

No doubt MV did those dogs wrong. But there are not enough good homes to handle a "dog" and that is realisticly speaking. Now if you have a "special dog" and you know you are not going to use it for what ever reason and have that "rare home". Then yes placeing it is great. But again there are more that dont cut the grade than those that do. You would think that being responsible would be the focal point.

And who cares how this guy got his start....He has them now. I promote responsible ownership and humane handleing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  9. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i don't see anything wrong with rescue dogs. if you stop and think about it, not all rescue dogs come from abused and neglected homes. spaying and neutering is not a bad thing. if someone gets a dog, just for a pet. then that would be the best option for them. as for all rescue dogs being substandard. i'd have to disagree. if those ruthless bastards hadn't murdered WSK's dogs, they would've been sent to rescues. imo those dogs were anything but substandard. there's good and bad apples in all groups, breeders and rescues. i don't think any group of anything should be lumped into just one label. with the exception of peta and the hsus they are all evil heartless bastards whose future home is hell. jmho