1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vick update.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by simms, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Rodger that....Mr. Vicks name does not even rank the same line as the other three in this sentence. His "practices" as a dog man....well they cannot even be spoken to in seriousness. He is no Dog Man, he is a spoiled athlete who thought he was above the game and the law, he was wrong, and with his arrogance he brought a lot of heat down to the dogs, the community and the environment in general.

I could give a rats a** if he plays ball again....he may have served his time but we will all serve our time for his arrogance and a lot of dawgs paid with their lives for his actions.

Mr. Vick has no love for the Pit Bull....paallleeese!

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i love how people will read into things only what they choose to.

grabbing a dog by the hind legs and repeatedly swinging and smashing it into a wall is not culling, that is animal abuse, plain and simple. i dont care where you are from, north or south-that is not "the nature of the beast".

and mikem-please keep the personal insults out your posts:
    "are you stupid, he lost way more in terms of money than fb or pp , " damn shame he came out of this with so little lost " he lost everything he had dummy , millionns of dollars , you smell fishy to me sir ,"

again, people read what they choose. he did not lose everything, he still has millions of dollars
    [​IMG]

3. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

for one dumb ass it's ma'am. as for smelling fishy your ignorance proves to me that you must be fed. millions of dollars isn't shit compared to losing your life's work genius. yeah that piece of trash is a beast for the way he culled dogs. apparently you must be partially illiterate. or you just want to jump on here running your cocktrap w/o knowing the first thing about what you are sayin. it's not losing everything if you're still rich. people like you completely disgust me. you probably wouldn't know a real dogman if he bit you in the ass. do the world a favor next time you feel the urge to open your portal of ignorance, don't. people will think more of you if you don't show them how ignorant you are.
    or maybe you're his life partner and you're just defending his honor.

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Culling is a standard practice used by working dog breeders of all breeds. They also have the dogs best interests at heart when they cull. They respect the breed when culling as even in the act of culling they believe it is in the breeds best interest thus it is done with compassion and respect.

Mr. Vick and associates fell short of this mark.

And no, there is no need for you to say more.

5. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

I personally can't wait to see the man play football again! What an athlete! He's done his time that the judge saw fitting for the crime.......that's it end of story. I think if he was a welder him returning to his occupation of choice would not be an issue, but because he can make millions he shouldn't!? I say best of luck to him.

6. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I agree....as long as he sticks to football and leaves the APBT alone......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

ahah- but heres the difference.(im a welder so this is accurate)
    say i was a top level clearanced welder for nuke plants, making six figures.
    get into some legal trouble-say bye bye to that clearance ( you arent getting on site any more w/ a felony conviction)
    you can still be a welder, but odds are you are only going to get offered $10/hr shop jobs.

but again its a moot point here- until the commisioner reinstates him, he cant even report to camp even if a team DID pick him up.

8. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Well I can see with top secret clearance this might be an issue....but football? He already knows the plays lol

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

its not "top secret" clearance, its top level as in you can perform any aspect of welding in the facility...from cooling piping to reactor work (i.e the top professional stauts, kinda like a NFL starting quarteback)

10. simms

simms CH Dog

That's Right!

However ol' Nate did not do his dogs the same way!

11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

I'm a little perplexed at the whole issue. A little confused why people would "hate on" the fact that he served this length of time while others had there dogs taken away and killed , why would you wish the same? Every bust/raid ect I hope the dogs walk away ok and its sad when they dont you cant be spiteful and hope that his dogs get killed ect just because another mans did.

He commited a crime. He went Jail. He served his time. Why should he not go back to his job? I wonder if he was not famous would people really make all this fuss? would they really have all this spite for him?. I dont know why people wouldnt want him to go back to his life isntead they would rather him become a broke bum with no life ect. Maybe jelousy plays a role?. Who knows.

Some of you sound as aggressive as PETA Supporters. Vick Killed 8 Dogs...For this his life must be for ever tarred?. Hmmm

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Who cares if Vick plays ball again, I don't! And if you as a person that loves the Pit Bull can say you would keep a "yard" (I use the term loosly) like Vick and associates, then I would recommend you get out of the dogs.

It is even more damaging that he was famous, because all the not so famous have suffered. Don't be perplexed about at least how I feel..he can put all his energy back into the game of football...but I sure as hell hope he stays out of these dogs.

8 or 80, respect the dog and the purpose, if not play football!

13. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

As a convicted felon myself I feel the man should be allowed to persue his job back. Whether I like the man or not has nor baring on what line of work he should be allowed to perform, the only job he should be banned from is anything that has to do with his crime and last I checked his actions happened outside of his work place. I do not think he was all the great as a QB but he does posses a skill that very few people do. IMHO that makes him qualified to play football at a proffesional level.

There is no question that his character is sketchy at best, however that has little to do with his performance on the football field. If the NFL takes him back then I have no problem with that, nothing says I have to buy his merchandise or even root for his team, none of us do but after a man serves his time he should be free to be gainfully employed in the field that he is most qualified to do and that just happens to be Football.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

MYDAWOGS I dont think anyone knows the culling practices of any dogman in less you were there to see for yourself. GIVE THE GUY A BREAK he did his time we all make mistakes in life.JMHO

15. mikem

mikem Pup

and everyman has the right to earn a living , its not a privledge dummy its a gift , and it also happens to be his only way of making a living , nobody ever told you that you couldnt stand on the corner . hes gonna make 90 % of the money he will make in his life time in the next 5 to 10 yrs so taking away a season here or there is like telling an average guy he cant go to work for 25 yrs

16. mikem

mikem Pup

im sorry guys but people like pr pitdog get me so pissed off, i cant stand people like u , and yes your comments do smell fishy ,

17. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Either stop the personal attacks or take it to PM's, leave it off the thread please.

18. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Mike with the largest contract in NFL history kept his mouth CLOSED! Many people have taken pleas with alot less than a 120+ million on the table. The breeder he got his dogs from was more than happy to cooperate with the FEDS!

The next time you look at your peds those names of those breeders had alot worse culling standards. Those standards made Mike look like a boy scout compared to theirs.

I hope he is able to continue his NFL career. I like STAND UP guys and they can roll with me any day. I'm looking at all the posts laughing because PP's people have twice the amount of money Vick had in contract. Yes PP's people own damn near half the buildings in downtown L.A. Oh and the next time you crack open a Rocky Mountain beer his people have a controlling intrest in that company. Know the facts and then you will know who is who and what is what!

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

If we are talking about playing football...he doesn't need a break from me, if that is where his talent and desires to continue his career remain, like I said I don't care.

As far as my feelings about Mr. Vicks practices as a dog man, as a whole (culling just one aspect)....I think the breed would do better outside of his attempt at dogging...and that is just MHO.

And you are correct, culling is practiced privately by many breeders, unless you are so arragant your business becomes national news...well then EVERYONE is there to see it. These dogs don't need his very public and damaging mistakes...they don't need anyones. I sincerely hopes he leaves them alone!

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Well then shame on them...and I think they equally suck at the practice. But if you are saying if one breeder can do it badly well then it's OK for others to do it less badly, I don't get it. Do it well or don't do it at all. And if you are going to do it badly, keep it out of John Qs nightly news, so they hopefully will not become even more alarmed and disgruntled with the PB breeds and those associated with them as a whole.