1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vick update.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by simms, Feb 22, 2009.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Trust me I am from Atl. Vick is in debt up his ass. Just lost house everyone in Atl is sueing him. The Falcons are suing him for his signing bonus money. He'd better hope he gets signed here. If not I am sure he will go over seas...

2. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

most athletes and other big name people actors and so on are all in debt before there rideis even over unless they have other busineeses look at most of them football baseball or what ever is not the only thing they do. they have clothing lines or wutomotive centers or other things along those lines so they can keep up there extravegant life styles. So when something like this goes down you guys say he didn't lose everything i beg to differ he lost ALOt more then what people know.

3. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

i dont think that all the cases compare. vick's job is of a football player and he was not fighting players he was fighting dogs. all the other cases were against dog fighters and breeding dogs was there jobs. it hurts a breeder more because they take their livelihood(job) as vick just lost his dogs and got suspended from his job.
    in the end vick will be a millionaire again and people will forget what he did if he still has any talent left on the field, but what is someone who has been breeding dogs for 20 years going to do for money?

4. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i agree down w/ peta and the hsus bastards. but vick will be rich again. he will go back to living his dream. he'll be a superstar and chances are his actions will likely fade into the back of peoples' memory. all he'll have to do is make that one game winning play. meanwhile, those that weren't football or rap stars cannot regain what they had. their public image is destroyed. their dogs were destroyed. i can't say that it was true about him bashing dogs in the head and drowning, but it sure seemed that way. the others as far as i know weren't accused of such terrible deeds. yet imo opinion they've payed a much higher price. yeah he did his time in jail. but in the end what has he really lost? there are still teams who want him. he'll still get paid more money than i could ever hope to see. i think later on down the road, he'll probably even own some dogs. i just don't see what makes him so much better than the others that have been busted.
    i hope he'll at least not do what peta wants and work for them.

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

while vick IS (potentially) in debt up to his eyeballs, non eof those cases have been settled.
    it is also TRUE that he pulled some $3+million in cash out of the bank(well documented) before he went away as he figured creditors would come calling

sure, he may be "broke" but he is the richest poor person i have heard of

6. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I've really not followed the whole Vick thing as close as alot you have,but I see can see it it from 2 different perspectives.I think he should have a right to play,I think we all know that not all ballplayers are choirboys.He went to jail,why should he have to pay every day the rest of his life.On the other hand,I can see why a team wouldn't want him because you want people to fill the seats at the stadium,and he's going to be pretty unpopular with alot of people.But if someone wants him,there shouldn't be anything stopping him.

7. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i'm not saying he is an angel all i'm saying is let him get on with his life. The real dogmen out there that have been busted have lost there lively hood and after 1976 they knew what would happen if they were caught. Yes i feel for them more then i do vick because they are normal everyday people like me that got shit on by some shit head. They won't ever have there lives back the way they were but some of them will get back up on there feet one day. Some of them have had a very good run for a long time and yes they are older now and can't go get a baggers job at the local piggly wiggly and scrape by, some people will call that bad investing others will call it life. We do the things we do and sometimes we have to pay for them one day.

8. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

p.21-22

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/pdf/vick_plea.pdf

"In or about April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS, VICK and two others ............
    to dtermine which animals were good fighters. PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK agreed to the killing of approximately 6-8 dogs that did not perform well in......and all of those dogs were killed by various methods , including hanging and drowning, VICK agrees and stipulates that that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK.

signed by Michael Vick on page 23

Records show how Vick burned through fortune

The day he went to jail, Michael Vick bought a $99,000 Mercedes.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/12/06/michael_vick_fortune.html

9. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

Ed Faron, Pat Patrick, Floyd Boudreaux, and others like them, my heart breaks for. Michael Vick gets no sympathy from me.

10. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i never said i had sympathy for the guy i said let him live his life he did his time.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I think he should be allowed to continue on with his life too,maybe he didn't pick the nicest means of culling a dog.But that has nothing with his ability to play ball.I admit on my list of people I admire he will never come close to the old time dogmen but let the guy have a life.I wouldn't want to pay forever because I was dumb enough to get caught at something and he shouldn't have to either.Like him or not,he's still a human being.

12. Nova

Nova Banned

Really you think that someone who culls dogs is a bad person? Well you better not go to the south on a rabbit or coon hunt because if the dogs are running game and one comes back to the truck while the others are doing what they where bred to do, they get a warning shot over the head and if they keep coming the next shot is in the head. Or maybe they should just sell the curs of their trade to some freaking PET or SHOW home. Have you ever heard the phrase " if that dog won't hunt" ?

If everyone else culled the unwanted pups or dogs maybe we would not have such a big problem within the breed or maybe the pages of petfinder would not be full of pitbull and pitbull crosses looking for homes. :mad:

13. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i'm a firm believer in culling. i'm also a firm believer that there's a right way to do it. drowning a dog and slamming them on the ground isn't the right way. that's the problem i have w/ his practices.

14. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i got no problem with him playing ball in the future. should he sit 2009 out? yeah i think so. indirectly he made us all look bad. i just hope he decides to do the right thing and stay out of dogs. at least until he gets anger management and learns the proper ways to cull. slamming a dog against the ground has more to do with rage than taking the dog out of the gene pool. he wasn't so broke that he couldn't afford a bullet.

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I definatly think a bullet would have been a much better way.Some people I'm sure thinks a bullet is cruel but a bullet to the brain I think is quicker than a needle.

16. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i agree considering a brain doesn't feel pain. the needle is quick but if it's not done properly, the dog freaks out a bit. i watched video of the humane society pigs doing one. they did it wrong and the dog sit there choking before it went. if the dog doesn't make the cut, then fine, cull it. making it suffer while you do doesn't make sense to me.

17. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Did I say that? No, I think a bullet to the head would have been a much kinder way to cull the dogs than the methods he used. It probably would have even taken less time and effort than what he did to "cull" them.

What kind of sick bastard beats a dog's head against something until it dies, or electrocutes or hangs them? Sorry, no sympathy here.

I am well aware of the overpopulation problem, but thanks for the reminder.

18. mikem

mikem Pup

are you stupid, he lost way more in terms of money than fb or pp , " damn shame he came out of this with so little lost " he lost everything he had dummy , millionns of dollars , you smell fishy to me sir ,

19. mikem

mikem Pup

as far as culling methods , thats just the nature of the beast, need i say more

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

he should get a chance to play we all make mistakes.he is not the first to grt into truble for dogs nate newton did the samething and he got a chance to play.vic is a great QB and some team will get him when he comes out