1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vertex and California Jack feedschedule

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by hans33, Mar 15, 2012.

1. hans33

hans33 Pup

If you dont know what vertex is you can read about it here:
    http://www.naturmix.com/pages/products/vertex.html

I have just order some vertex and will take that like California Jack is talking about during the pre-keep and keep. But some of his other feedschedule i will not follow...and i will not keep the dog as he is writing.

Anyone have anything to say about vertex? How do you like it?

What about the other stuff he is giving? I feel like giving the dog tribiulus, i rather give real hormons(steriods), but i`will not give my god any steriods or tribiulis.

Sorry for my bad english, i`m swedish.

Greetings from Sweden.

2. hans33

hans33 Pup

BTW
    you cant get vertex in sweden so it was expensive as f**k so i hope you have good experience of that supply ;)

3. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I use k-9 super fuel and my kennel partner uses vertex. We dont feel as though one works better than the other its more of a personal chooice thing. Good luck with the keep.

4. hans33

hans33 Pup

I dident know what order, so i went with the vertex just becouse cali jack book was laying next to the computer. I`m didnt read so much about rf1 and peak. So i went with the vertex.

What do your kennel partner think about this and what do you think about k9 super fuel? Do you juse it during keep or all the year?
    Do you notice any diffrence when you start with this ?

/Hans33

5. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

every dog i've seen fed vertex or any of the other crap from ft.dodge iowa gets hot and runs out of gas in short order. save your money, you can feed much better without expensive supplements.

6. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Hey Benthere, did you ever see any of the Lizards mayday, deadlift, poncho dogs he had years ago? He and his buddy/partner lived in Iowa not too far from Des Moines.

7. hans33

hans33 Pup

Benthere, to later..the order is made!
    I bought this becouse i wanna try it out becouse i have given whey protein and other stuff in the morning when i have keep the dogs and wanted to try out something like this. Becouse i dont know how much the wheyprotein goes on the liver.
    Creatine can make the dog go hot so that i dont juse.

8. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

We only use those supplements for dogs in keep. My partner likes it and he hasnt had one run hot on him while using it.
    @Benthere the dogs you had that ran hot while using the vertex, did you use it through the whole keep?

9. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

We only use those supplements for dogs in keep. My partner likes it and he hasnt had one run hot on him while using it.
    @Benthere the dogs you had that ran hot while using the vertex, did you use it through the whole keep?

10. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

i stayed as far away from those guys as possible.

11. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Ha yeah, I can't say that I blame you too much. I thought his buddy M. was a nice guy and only had one dealing with him. I met the Lizard at M's when I picked one up there. They kept going on and on how great those dogs were, but I never got to see any work. The one I picked up was one they bought in a package deal and they didn't breed her. Can't say I'm too surprised Benthere, take care.
    j

12. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

i use to use vertex back in the day. once Itried K-9 super fuel I never went back. jm2c

13. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

K9 Super Fuel Ingredients:

K9 Primal Protein™ Cooked chicken, Cooked pork, Cooked beef, Zero lactose non denatured whey isolates, Intact non-denatured zero lactose micellar casein, Intact nondenatured freeze-dried bovine colostrum, K9 Fat Fuel™ Stabilized rice bran, Prime beef fat, Canola oil, Stabilized flax, Extra virgin olive oil, MCTs (medium chain triglycerides; preferentially oxidized-burned as muscular energy over storage as fat), K9 Recharge Fuel™ Zero sugar predigested glucose polymers, Resistant Starch (low glycemic, slow releasing complex carbohydrate), L-Glutamine peptides, L-Leucine, L-Valine, Resistant starch, L-Arginine, L-Taurine, Phosphatidylserine, L-Carnosine, Citrus bioflavonoids, Hesperidin, Grape skin extract, Beta Carotene, Gingko biloba, Luetin, Lycopene, Vanadyl, Chromium nicotinate, K9 Strength Fuel™ Double creatine complex of exogenous, creatine monohydrate/ALA (alpha lipoic acid) and endogenous creatine matrix GAA/™G (Glycocyamine/trimethylglycine), L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, D-ribose, K9 Endurance Fuel™ Anaplurotic & gluconeogenic fuels and other factors L-glycerol, L-Potassium lactate, L-Calcium lactate, L-Sodium citrate, L-Alanine, L-Calcium malate, L-Carnitine, Magnesium orotate, Potassium succinate, K9 Joint Power™ D-glucosamine hydrochloride, MSM (Methyl-Sulfony-Methane), Chondroitin sulfate, Unhydrolyzed chicken collagen Type II, Willow extract, Borage oil, Licorice root extract, Acetyl-cysteine, Sodium hylauronate (linear polysaccharide glucuronic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine matrix), K9 Canine Wild Diet Mix™ FOS (fructo-oligosacchararides), Cruciferous vegetable mix powder, Freeze dried blueberry powder, whole leaf barley grass extract, Green tea extract, Cranberry fruit powder, Streptococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus latis, Sccharomyces cerevisiae, Lipase, Amylolytic, Betagulcanase, Hemicellulase, Protease, Galatosidase, K9 Vite Fuel™ Vitamins and minerals microencapsulated to ensure higher vitamin bioavailability, reduce oxidation loss, negate offensive taste. Natural calcium from whey isolate, calcium citrate, Potassium chloride, Magnesium oxide, Sea Salt, Potassium iodide, Choline bitartrate, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Pyridoxine HCL, Inositol, Di-calcium phosphate, Copper gluconate, Zinc oxide, Folic acid, Dimethylprimidinol sulfate (source of vitamin K), Thiamin monohydrate, Calcium lactate, Paba, Sodium selenite, Over 80 trace minerals as naturally occurring in colloidal polysilicates.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein 30%- 8 grams
    Crude Fat Min- 28%- 7 grams
    Crude Fiber Min- 7%
    Moisture- 7% maximum
    Calories Per Scoop- 128 Kcal

14. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

CPN Vertex ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: Pro-gest (TM) blend of predigested and whole proteins from USDA dried whole egg, USDA predigested chicken, USDA beef liver, and or human grade Whey Protein Concentrate, human grade predigested and agglomerated glucose polymers. Lipomix (TM) blend of polyunsaturated vegetable oils, from human grade Canola, Safflower, Cold pressed soy and or Flax oils, (further ingredients are either human or pharmaceutical grade) organically grown flax meal, calcium carbonate, calcium lactate, calcium citrate, creatine monohydrate, high iodine value dried kelp, Mezotrace (TM) brand trace minerals, sodium ascorbate (Vitamin C), d-alpha tocopherol, acetate (Vitamin E), Korean and Siberian Ginseng, Potassium Citrate , Potassium Succinate, Glucosamine sulfate, MSM, Chondroitin sulfate, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus thermophilus, Bifodobacterium bifidum, Lycopene, Grape seed extract, Biotin, Chromium polyricotinate, digestive enzymes, L-glulamine, Naturox (TM) natural antioxidant.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein...... 24% min
    Crude Fat...... 24% min
    Crude Fiber...... 4%
    Moisture...... 5% max

Glucosamine not less than 8000 mg/kg (1000 mg/cup) Vitamin E not less than 2000 IU/kg (250 IU/cup) Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) not less than 2000 mg/kg (250 mg/cup) Chondroitin Sulfate not less than 1000 mg/kg (125 mg/cup) L-carnitine not less than 300 mg/kg (37 mg/cup)

15. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I've used Vertex and Rf-1...had good results on Rf-1 but prefer Vertex overall now!

16. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

CA JACK did a comparison on Peak II, Vertex and RF-1 about 8 yrs ago in his mag if some of ya'll can remeber or have the mag. Vertex came out on top on a few categories.
    I just use Vertex cause my mentor does!

17. hans33

hans33 Pup

Really? =)
    I bought 4lb who long does that last? It will last for 8 weeks? (given every day)

Do you feed with his foodschedule to?
    I will do the vertex and add Glucosamine 400mg tabs anf L-carnitine, during the pre-keep and some weeks in to the keep.
    I have to read how to much i suppose to give the dog first.
    Creatine i maybe juse in pre-keep and during the keep but i dont think so.

Great to see that some people juse this so i dident just give my money away.

f**k i just cant type in english... but its good that you guys understand me !

18. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

You don't need to add the other supps like the glucosamine, L-canitine, creatine as it is already in there. Take a look at the ingredients list I provided...

19. hans33

hans33 Pup

ok, i just woundring becouse he is doing that in the book.

I actully missed that creatine was in vertex...thats to bad, i would rather add it myself.

20. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Yes I feel the same way. I cut out most supps towards the end of the keep anyway.