1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

van living

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ursaminor, Jan 25, 2015.

1. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I have been contemplating about doing this for the last year or so and as of beginning of January I have been living out of my 2010 Chevy Express full time. Its not nearly as bad as it sounds and a viable option to if you are serious about saving money. I estimate roughly 25K in savings this year alone just not having to rent and bills. I plan on doing this style of living for the next 5 years so if you thought about doing it or have done van living in the past post suggestions or questions here on the subject.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Never even thought about it man. I don't think I could, unless I absolutely had to. I wish you the best and much respect for the determination.

3. Michael.

Michael. Big Dog

I never thought about it ha. I have friends that do things like that. Live in TiPi's and whatnot. If I didn't have a girl, i'd consider. Do you have land? Dogs? How does that work?

4. Kodirty

Kodirty Pup

Know a guy who lives out of his van and man he's got money to spend. Guys got a well paying job too. I think it would be pretty interesting. best of luck to you.

5. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Had couple dogs but no longer. Eventually I will buy land when the time comes. I didn't know what tipis were until now, seems interesting. I guess it comes down to if you have a job or not live in the city or not similar concept. One thing I like about the van is you are still mobile and can still maintain a commute and have a job which you'll need for income. I work long days so I spend mostly of my time driving and sleeping in there only.

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...wondered about it,a few times...want to make your insalateed against cold/etc..brother converting an old van into a little camper,small van ya save a fortune thats for sure,,only drive bill/etc....has little stove/chemical t/sink-water..ya don't have to worry about household bills/mortgage ....yep can work if your on your own.....

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

taking the good weather al year :D..(usa) nice

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I lived out of a fleetwood Cadillac for almost a year. I was 17-18 and always on the go between KY,AL and LA so it became my only "home" for about 10-11 months. Trunk was my closet, back seat a bed and front the living room! Make sure you find good spots to park when you want to sleep, it's no fun waking up to cops flashlights in your eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

Just live in a wal mart parking lot till they kick ur ass outta there! Lol

10. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Damn Cajun that must of been really small. What nice is you can only buy enough junk to keep with you so that cuts back on useless spending. I have a good parking spot now but will try to find something closer to work to cut back on the commute/mileage.

11. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

Mad props to you! I don't think i could do it, actually i know i couldn't unless it was a last resort (I admittedly spoil myself). I wish you the very best and please be safe. Lot's of weirdos out there.

make sure you set up next to a really strong unprotected wifi signal.

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..i'd protect BK...me +my trusty hound fifi,,,,,not forgetting your monster..lol

13. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

maybe I'm the weird one in the van bk. Don't freak out if u see me outside your house kay. :P

14. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

i'll bring you some left overs. I have a big squishy heart.

15. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Thx bk appreciate it. Here is a pic from earlier this month not much has changed as far as the layout. I might add some shelving or cabinets so I don't have to go through storage boxes for immediate stuff such as clothing, etc..

imgur: the simple image sharer

16. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...won't take much to finish that,,ill try an get a photo off the brother,,he has small fold-out.bed,,,bottle-gas..cooker/etc...can be a good hobby keep ya busy..g.luck with it...

17. toom

toom Big Dog

I'm thinking your in your 20's and your in a warmer state?That is a HUGE money saver short time,,no stress,,come and go as you please life style.Your just not going to find a girlfriend LOL....! OKVANBOY good LUCK really,,,,your a modern day ADVENTURER,,,,keep us posted this will make for a good thread......I went through a divorce years ago and spent some nights either in the woods or a chevy astro van freezing my azzoff until I bit the bullet and landed a cheap motel room till I found a new place.I had to move 3 good bulldogs and 2 other dogs went to friends who took care of them until I got a new place.After that expience I'll never own more then 2 or 3 small bulldogs at a time.HEY LOOK I made it about ME lol good luck

18. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

You'll have to post up a completed photo when you're done. That is really awesome, i admire your courage and ingenuity. You don't need a gf, you can be on a mission to save the women of the night from frigid temperatures. Drive by and offer them an hour in your vehicle to "warm up." It's going to be a numbers game, but i'm sure some will take the bait.

19. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Shit, all that money he'll be saving he'll easily be able to afford a quick hotel/motel run when he needs one lol. Just give them the "I work on the road" line. It'll work, I'm sure of it.

20. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

touche!....