1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

vaccine lump

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by azdog, Aug 19, 2004.

1. azdog

azdog Big Dog

GOT A PUP THAT A FRIEND OF MINE GAVE , BEFORE HE GAVE HER TO ME HE GAVE HER A SHOT WITH THE 7IN1 VACCINE AND HE USED A NEW NEEDLE.A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER SHE DEVLOPED A LUMP IN BACK OF HER NEKCK WHERE HE GAVE HER TJE SHOT.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT CAUSED IT ,AND HOW TO GET RID IOF IT?

2. AC

AC Big Dog

It may just be a reaction to the needle. I'd suggest adding ice to the spot and seeing if it goes down or see if it feels soft. You make have to poke it with a syringe and remove the fluids from it. Had to do that with one of my dogs who ended up with a soft ball on his elbow after that it went away.

3. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

May just be the liguid under the skin. Same thing happened to one of mine after a couple days it went away on its own.

4. steve04x

steve04x Pup

its no big deal man my pup got lumps after each puppy shot visit it's normal as long as the lump dose not hurt them and is not attached to anything, on or under the skin it's cool. it just happens sometimes after an injection

5. SouthALknls

SouthALknls Big Dog

Our pups get that too, whenever you give it a shot, rub it afterwards. We had someone tell us to give the dog the shot in the hip and it would walk it off and wouldn't get a knot there, but we always give ours in the neck and it gets a little bump back there.

6. gator

gator Big Dog

Probably really isnt anything to worry about like everyone said. I have had it happen also and it is sometimes caused by a little bit of air in the syringe.

7. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

This is very common and it's just a reaction to the vaccine.

8. azdog

azdog Big Dog

Thanks Gentlemen For Your Help,the Lump Has Went Away Since I First Placed This Post.
    I Was Just Worried When I Saw It.i Never Had That Happen Before.i Just Realy Wanted To Thank All The Good People On This Board For There Great Help.also To All The A__holes
    Stay Off This Board And Get A Life.