1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vaccination ?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mike333, Aug 25, 2005.

1. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I have a vaccination question.Are'nt you supposed to give your dog a rabies booster every 1-3yrs.I dont know for sure that's why I'm asking.Because if so then why does the health chart the rescue shelter gave me show her having to have a mandatory rabies shot on 8-16-05.I know it's the 25 but she's not even two yrs. old so why's it mandatory?I plan on checking with the rescue shelter first before I just go stickin needles in my dog.It would be nice hear from you all.[​IMG]

2. Here in NC dogs have em by 4 mths of age that last a yr.... go back and get the 2nd it last 3 yrs..

3. CB

CB CH Dog

Yup same here which part of NC you from?

4. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Oh alright just wanted make sure it was all legit.thanks for the help.

5. Im in Western NC

6. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

I'm In Nc That Is The Way It Is Statewide

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

The rabie vaccine is government mandated in every state. Although, some states differ in requiring an owner to vaccinate every year, every two years, or every three years (as there is a 1 yr vaccine-->good for 1 year & a 3 yr vaccine-->good for 3 years). It's the law & usually there is a hefty fine if your dog is not vaccinated as mandated (here it's $250)