1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

VA: Dumb move could seal Vick's fate

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Dumb move could seal Vick's fate

Reginald T. Dogan • July 6, 2010

It seems that 19 months in prison and a two-year suspension from the NFL for dogfighting meant nothing to Michael Vick.

The troubled superstar is making headlines again after a suspicious shooting that occurred outside a Virginia Beach nightclub where Vick was holding a public birthday party.

The June 24 party was hyped on social networking sites as "Michael Vick's ALL WHITE 30th Birthday Bash." Tickets cost $50.

It could be his last party as an NFL player.

What makes this incident of violence more troubling is that the man injured in the incident happened to have ties to Vick's illegal dogfighting ring.
    A future at risk

For the NFL and the Philadelphia Eagles, this has serious implications.

First, that Vick is associating with the people who led to his prison sentence and his NFL suspension, and second, that trouble continues to follow Vick when he should know better.

Of course, Vick has denied any involvement in the shooting. He initially told police and NFL officials that he left 20 minutes before the incident.

But a police investigation and a surveillance tape show Vick leaving the club only 4 minutes before the shooting.

While there seems to be some question of whether Vick was present at the time of the shooting, I don't think that is the fact the NFL or the owners of the Eagles are going to care about.

That Vick sponsored an event that attracted people who helped get him in trouble in the first place is troubling. The problem is compounded by the fact that Vick should be extra careful about what happens around him.

This is his last chance in the NFL, and it seems he does not have the sense of what he is risking.

A convicted felon on probation who was given a second chance to make millions of dollars in the NFL has to understand the ramifications of having a public party at a nightclub.

It appears Vick is not interested in staying out of trouble and away from the people who nearly ruined his reputation and career.
    Most hated athlete

Vick has never been a model citizen, and many fans were hoping he would finally walk the straight and narrow after the dogfighting incident had begun to blow over.

It should be intriguing to find out if Vick was involved in the shooting, what the violations of his probation might be, and what NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's punishment will be if it turns out that Vick was directly involved.

Vick was readmitted to the league on the basis he would not cause more problems. Goodell has said that Vick's margin of error would be "extremely limited."

A shooting outside a club at Vick's birthday party could qualify as a problem.

Vick recently was declared the most hated athlete in sports.

If he loses his last chance in the NFL because of this shooting, he should also be considered one of sports' all-time dumbest athletes.

Dumb move could seal Vick's fate | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

so what fate was sealed?
    yes Vick is a dumbass for this, seems like its just some writer talkin shit
    same news that was reported like 2 weeks ago

3. phill

phill Top Dog

trade him to da bears i thaught we were gonna get him last time ,,i love watchin him play ..that aint nothin to what happened a few years ago here

4. phill

phill Top Dog

i'm talkin about da bears

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

damn.....he's only 30?

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah financial suicide to sign him, other than that im sure many owners would take a chance on him. He is a playmaker for real

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

vick is one of the dumbest humans on this planet.
    within a few years he will be broke and living on the street.

8. MCS

MCS CH Dog

That is the scary part, because what will he end up doing when he has nothing to live for.

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"second chance to make millions of dollars in the NFL" this is what it all comes down to fucking haters envying the mans financial situation. if he was a carpenter or used car salesmen making 50k a year nobody would give a shit. vic didn't pull the trigger he wasn't even there at the time 4min he was gone. case closed.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I agree BB

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

it won't go that far. I used to think tyson was living in a cardboard box but the man is still rich as hell and gets weeky allowances from his account/financial advisor more than some people see in a year.

12. U.T.K'S SCORCH

U.T.K'S SCORCH Big Dog

Damn since you get convicted of dog fighting you cant even celebrate ya own birthday!!! Just cuz some dude get shot outside of a night club its all vicks fault cuz it was his party people get shot and killed out side of night clubs all over but the owner doesnt get blamed cuz its his club so why should vick get blamed cuz its his party????

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

yall just wait D.stahllworth will go to a few AA meetings. make a public announcement denounce alcohol & wright a kids book. theh folks will applaud his "turn around" & say what a wonderful human being he is & hand him the nobel peace award. meanwhile PETA/ASPCA will continue killing animals & preching there bullshit & steeling dumb folks money. yeh i know who the fuck is D.stahllworth?

14. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

i also agree. but in higher end businesses, you are judged by the company you keep. you want to be in the NFL, you have to play the part in their "corporate look and culture." if you can't understand that, you don't fit in the NFL. harsh but reality.

15. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Ray will turn Donte around. That is Flaccos deep threat, once we win the superbowl and Donte is MVP the masses will for give him, shit who hasn't driven drunk. But matching dogs, those poor little furry things that is just ain't right, Vick should burn.:rolleyes:

16. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"corporate look and culture" well that's bullshit. take a trip to Tootsies Cabaret in miami gardens about one mile down the road from dolphin stadium after a game. then tell me about the "corporate look and culture" i worked there two years & seen everybody whose anybody in the NFL there. the media dont give a fuck about prostitution, gambling & drug use because it don't get the bleeding harts attention.

18. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

shit. you're right. i take back that statement. i see basketball players and football players at strip clubs all the time. they are never persecuted like vick. my bad.

19. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I feel no pity for Vick. He went to jail because of his friends, family and hangers on. So what does he do? He hosts a big party for all his friends and hangers on. Some people just refuse to learn from their mistakes. It reminds me of the Dave Chapelle sketch "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong".

20. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Nobody cares about them being in strip clubs. The only time it makes the news is when someone gets shot. Pacman Jones is a prime example. Have your fun, but be smart about it.