1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Va adba club

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mommy2kane, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

I know we had one for a short time but not sure what happened to them. So would anyone be up to helping get the club up and running again? This way we could get more shows on the east coast.

2. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

How have you been hows the fam?. yeah i remember hearing that who ever the woman running it before was doing nothing and was she was fairly worthless. wanna say Me and NOVA were talkin about it. Speacking of witch he back home yet? I'm still out here till Feb but when i'm back i will be willing to help however i can.

Vic

3. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

Not sure what happened with that club but we have too many dogs in NOVA alone.

4. 1916

1916 Big Dog

read everything that the adba wants you to do to have a sanctioned club,too much BS to have a little fun.

5. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

I hear what your saying but also understand that the work has already been done. So all we need are members willing to work at shows

6. 1916

1916 Big Dog

But having an ADBa sanctioned club is alot of work,just think,you have to have 30 members,that would seem easy and might be,then you have club due's,you have to have a specific bank account just for that,Then you get into the club officers,you have to find people willing to put in the work for that,pres.vp.treasurer,publicity director,legislative liaison.
    Then there are the judges you have to pay for the jugdes travel expenses the minimum being 250.00,then you have to buy the judges food..its goes on
    Then there are the trophies,you have to pay the ADBA for the trophies,plus shipping.
    Just and example would be the weight pull trophies-
    Ribbons for the regular class will be furnished by the ADBSI for $72.00 (36 x $2.00) + $10.00 shipping
    fee=$82.00. Two (2) trophy awards will be furnished by hosting club. (Most Weight Pulled Per LB of Body
    Weight; 55lbs & under classes - 55lbs and over class) Trophies in the regular class are to be no more
    than 29" in height.

Alot of bs just to have a little fun,and that's not all of it

7. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

Easy like sunday morning. Anything worth having is worth working for.