1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

V.S.B.A found this on myspace

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by SMOKIN HEMI, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

[​IMG]

Our Judge for January will be Mike Norrod. Many of you know him or have seen his name in a book etc... This is your opportunity to meet a man who has made an impact on this breed. I would like to thank him in advance for making the long trip.

January is when the points reset for all "of the Year" awards. Most of you know we give out some extremely nice awards for the dogs who earn any of the titles we award every year.
    January we will be awarding the 2008 titles and also starting fresh for 2009!! So, for those of you who like competing with your dogs and winning extremely nice awards then now is the time to get involved with the VSBA!! If you are not familiar with how our "Of the Year" system works please visit http://www.
    vsbulldoggerassoc. com/summary_18.
    html
    In an attempt to jump start the season we will be awarding double points for our January show and offering our dog ID's at the discounted rate of $7.00 now through the January 3rd show!! Remember, you must have a dog ID to gain points.
    Get yours now and maybe we will be rewarding your hardwork next January and possibly even making your dog a VSBA Champion!
    As most of you know we give out free raffle tickets at every show giving everyone a chance to win coupons and discounts for VSBA shows. We will be doing this a little different at the January show. We will still be giving away coupons but we will also be adding cash prizes!! The amount will be determined by the size of the show. So, now is the time to bring your friends.
    This is shaping up to be our largest show ever. We have alot of special things planned for 2009 and it all starts on January 3rd with special guest Judge Mike Norrod of Ironline Kennels!!
    January will also be the month we start separating the "Bully" type dogs from our regular show. We have noticed over the past year that not only has the number of these type dogs at our show increased but I have spoken with many who do not attend anymore because their type dogs do not do well at our shows. To fix this problem starting January we will have a completely separate "Bully" show running along side our regular show. We will have a UKC style judge who is familiar with this type of dog. I feel by doing this will help the club achieve the goals it has set forth. The public only sees one thing be it game bred or bully and that is a Pit Bull. I believe we are all going to have to work together to save this breed or neither will have their type of APBT. So, for those of you with the Bully type get them ready and spread the word that the VSBA will have two shows going Jan. 3rd one of them geared towards the "bully" type with classes tailored for them.

I am going to do my best to make our January show our largest ever. I have talked with alot of people who will be making this one their 1st show and alot of people who will be coming to meet Mr. Norrod. I am going to advertise this show more than I have for any show since we started. We have put together an extremely nice club and I feel anyone who attends will not only return but will also spread the word about one of the best clubs they have ever been involved with. With gas prices down I hope many of you decide to make January the month you finally attend a VSBA show.
    You will not be disappointed! As an added bonus anyone attending for their 1st time will get 25% off of registration
    I am looking forward to seeing alot of new faces next year. Let's start 2009 off the same way we ended 2008...With a BANG!

The classes for the Bully Show are Best of Show, Best Male, Best Female, Best Male Puppy, Best Female Puppy, Males 3-6 months, Males 6-9 months, Males 9-12 months, Males 1-2 years, Males 2-3 years, Males 3+ years, Females 3-6 months, Females 6-9 months, Females 9-12 months, Females 1-2 years, Females 2-3 years, Females 3+ years, Best Pocket Pit, Best XXL, Best Red Nose, Biggest Chest, Biggest Head, and Judges Choice.

We are also adding two new fun classes to our regular show Best Fawn, and Best Tri.
    Hope to see you all there January 3rd, 2009!

2. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Did I miss where? What State?

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

where- TN, milton to be precise

http://www.vsbulldoggerassoc.com/

mapquest directions are pretty acurate

oh, and a side noter- one of my dogs are on this flier ;)

4. Nova

Nova Banned

who do the dogs have to be reg with to show here?

5. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

lol, I was gonna ask. I thought that dog looked familiar. Yours is in the bottom right hand side, right?

just messin' with you.

So it's going to be an APBT show and a Bully show?

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Your dogs don't need to be reg. With any kennel cluc bring your mutts pets hog dogs and rescues it's a great time with good people and good looking dogs. Every time I go I meat a ton of new frieny people. Bring your dog healthy and you'll take home some ribbons. Only sorry loosers make it a bad time if you don't have fun then it's your own falut.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
  7. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

I will be trying my best to make it down. i doudt i will show anything but ill probably have some Jeep/nigerino stuff with me....

Hope I get to make it down....

8. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Who is going to be the Ukc type judge?

9. There is usually only one judge per show. Mike Norrod will judge the dogs by age against a standard regardless of type. The VSBA standard is posted on the website linked to above...

Im with Red Cocaine. Everytime I've been down there (4 or 5 times) I have had a ball. I've taken my wife and kids and everyone had things to do...mingle, theres a fun auction, weight pull, and the conf showing.

10. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Those who come we neeed name tags for our online screen names so we can figure each other out....

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

me and Dimitri...

[​IMG]

12. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Nice pic RR. You got that boy ripped up nice:D

13. lol...I've just missed you a few times down there in MIlton. My dog won best brindle in the Nov 07 show, and we placed a 3rd in his age group in the Dec 07 show. I skipped the next one in Jan 08 where you took home the best in show. I came back in Feb and won a first place in age group. I think you were there just before that November show. Just slight misses...

Name tags are a good idea.

14. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Yeah I won jan BIS last year and july BIS with Red Cocaine, this mouth we should have better luck I'll be there the 3rd lord willing I'll have a bigger older red dog w/ me. I'ma try to find some name tags I use a few names on all the boards.... LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
  15. Renee

Renee Big Dog

You guys going to be doing any shows farther east in Tennessee?

16. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Do they allow you to pitch a tent on the grounds for the night?

17. honestly I have seen people do this, but it was when they were hosting Saturday and Sunday shows back to back. Get in touch with David (his yahoo email address is on the linked page), and they'll probably be willing to help you out one way or another...the grounds are private property.

18. DMMK

DMMK Big Dog

I agree, These shows are great! Been to a couple. I am new to Atlanta, These shows are the closes thing I have seen to a dog show in a long while......well except for that GREAT SHOW OF FREAKS that Atlanta has every year......:D Atlanta Bully Palooza.....

19. is Kush as leggy as that pic looks?

He's growing up nice.