1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Using pictures!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bullydogs, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I am trying to get a general consensus of how people feel about cross posting their images on myspace. I am asking this because i am working on a myspace page...and there are several dogs that i admire and would like to add to the my pics section of the account. For those who have never seen or used myspace the pics section is kinda like a photo album. You have to click on it before it is viewable. The pictures are not on the main page. I would not be using the pictures for any negative reasons. Nor to sell anything or to claim them to be my own dogs.

Once again i am trust trying to get some feedback about how people feel about this. I most def. do not want to offend or piss anyone off.

2. FourCorners

FourCorners Banned

I would go ahead and use them just let in be known in the caption that it isnt your dog but who or which kennel it is owned by.

3. diva

diva CH Dog

I would ask the person who owns the dog if you can use the picture. This way you'll know if it bothers them or not. If it doesn't bother them just add a caption to state the dog's name and owner to clarify that it's not your dog.

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Yeah this is the best way. However, i would have to do a lot of asking. Gonna be hard to track down all the people who i would have to ask. I just wanna make sure that i am not breaking any rules, or if its totally disrespectful to do.

5. FourCorners

FourCorners Banned

Why would it be a problem your advertising there dogs. Just add a caption.

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Yeah I agree with you just add caption everybody loves getting props!!!!!

7. you should ask the person out of consideration in my opinion. definitely adding who the dogs owner is would be the thing to do also. ;)

8. diva

diva CH Dog

Some people may also consider it stealing their pictures if they were not asked for permission to use. Some might have a problem with that.

9. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

As long as you are given permission and provide proper credit for the pictures, I see no wrong doing :)

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Not everyone wants "advertisement".

Ask permission.

11. Triple_S

Triple_S Pup

I agree with every one. I think you should ask fist. Then add a caption stating that its not your dog.