1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Use of Technology

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by BBT, Jan 5, 2012.

1. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I am curious as to which ways you are using technology to benefit your dogs. I have been playing around with GPS on bike

After road bike work I plug into USB and it automatically loads, graphs, and maps data. All specs are charted. I have been experimenting with interval training and implementing altitude training. I also input details and log stats of variables (everything from weight to diet to assumed stress level etc)

Alot of powerful data but I don't really have a plan other then to just keep uploading. This is outside keep and just having fun with exercise and knowing which direction to challenge this particular dog.

When I work this one I am happy with his work ethic so I let him pace himself. After I looked over the map you can see where dog slowed with altitude so I then altered course to challenge him with altitude towards the mid point and end point. I haven't really pushed him but he continues to improve almost like the dog doesn't realize I have been making more and more difficult. My plans are to keep logging to routes so when the seasons turn I will challenge him with decent weather.
    I will use this particular dog to keep baselining my barometer but not sure if ill ever use for keep unless I build my confidence with it.

I would be interested in learning how I can add cAnine heart rate training because if it will work with telemetry strap then I could graph over graph and really know exactly what I am doing to this dog and then compare with another of mine and once I can do that then I could really have some data. Im hoping it's as easy as shaving a horizontal stripe on dog and wrapping with a strap.

I would appreciate any help on this and also if you could share how you are using technology to work with your dog.

Thank you

2. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

I put my dog out there I put him on the Internet on grigslist and other sites

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i use technology to save all the data on my dogs and peds so that i dont have to use feds online to get a visual. I found a program where i can note or track anything i can possibly think of.

4. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

5. BBT

BBT Big Dog

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I've used a gos tracker to check mileage ran while doing flirt work.

7. versatile

versatile Big Dog

that read is powerful.